MY YANKEE STADIUM TRIP

Bronx Travel Blog

the new yankee stadium

as I rode the subway 4 train  from grand central station, I started to get excited over the fact that my 1st and last chance to see the stadium that host the most famous baseball team ever and its rich history. YANKEE stadium, deep in the Bronx, omg, my dreams were coming true.  as I got off the train at 161st street, I ventured to my left to view this grand stadium and its replacement across the street. I was in awe as I got to view  history. I took my time getting into the stadium since I arrived early for the game, so as I was hungry I went to McDonalds across the street. as I ate and watch fans stroll by, I was taken in by most of the people who, as they lived there, paid no attention to the stadium since they seen it daily in there life's journey.
exiting the subway

as it was time for me to go in I had to stand outside for at least an hour, hoping to get in to see memorial park.  I missed out on that chance, but got to see plenty from left field as I watched Yankees batting practice. I was so thrilled I was in  "the house that Ruth built".  as millions of other fans thru the decades has done, it was my chance to tour the stadium on my own b4 the game started.  here's my pics that i taken b4,during and after the game.

little history on the stadium itself....

Yankee Stadium is a stadium located in New York City. It served as the home baseball park of Major League Baseball's New York Yankees from 1923 through 2008. Located at East 161st Street and River Avenue in The Bronx, the stadium has a capacity of 57,545 and hosted 6,581 Yankees regular season home games during its 85-year history.

It was also the former home of the New York Giants football team, as well as the host of twenty of boxing's most famous fights and three Papal masses. The stadium's nickname, "The House That Ruth Built" comes from the iconic Babe Ruth, the baseball superstar whose prime years coincided with the beginning of the Yankees' winning history.

Yankee Stadium is one of the most famous sports venues in the United States, having hosted a variety of events and many historic moments during its existence. Its primary occupants, the Yankees, have won far more World Series championships (26) than any other major league club and Yankee Stadium has hosted 37 World Series, far more than any other baseball stadium. The Stadium also hosted the major-league All-Star Game four times: 1939, 1960, 1977, and, as part of its curtain call, 2008.

the new stadium

In 2006, the Yankees began construction on a new $1.8 billion stadium in public parkland adjacent to the original Yankee Stadium. The Yankees are expecting to open their new home in 2009. Once the new stadium opens, most of the old stadium, including the above-ground structure, is to be demolished to become parkland.

The first game at the stadium was held on April 18, 1923, with the Yankees beating the Boston Red Sox 4-1. The final game at the stadium was held on September 21, 2008, with the Yankees beating the Baltimore Orioles 7-3

this says it all
retired yankee numbers
retired yankee numbers
monument park
monument park
jeter hitting his 1270 hit to pass…
jeter hitting his 1270 hit to pas…
jeter on 2nd base