Eastern China Relaxing Trip day 6

Hangzhou Travel Blog

Eastern China Relaxing Trip day 6

28/12/06 Shanghai Train Station, Hangzhou, West Lake, nice hostel

We're going to Hangzhou today!!  By the bad experience in our Suzhou trip last time, we bought the tickets a day before to prevent any uncertainty of the train tickets.

Our train supposed to arrive at 10am, we're a bit hurried to catch the train, so we didn't have time to have a proper breakfast, so we just bought some random food and took it on train.  I didn't know why we were all very hungry in every morning.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's kind of cheap and the tastes were fine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Shanghai railway station, Michelle interchanged her backpack with Alban, because she got a really heavy backpack while Alban one was below 10kg!!!!  Mine one was fine for me which was around 11Kg.

Unfortunately, our train was delayed for more than an hour.  Our trains were so on time last time in our Suzhou trip, and Michelle told me the train in Mainland China was quite on time, so it's an abnormal event, and we blamed for Alban!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's so sad, the display even didn't know when would the train arrive.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's the waiting area where were just jammed by loads of people with huge luggage.

our train

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Hangzhou Dong train platform.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the Hangzhou train station that is very old and simple.

We took a taxi to the hostel immediately, but when we were on the middle of our way, I realized that we forgot to buy our return tickets, that's really bad, we had to return back to the station.  The hostel we booked was near the famous tourist spot- West Lake but it's quite far away from the train station.  Luckily, I printed out the map, so the driver could drive we to the hostel, you couldn't believe that the taxi drivers in mainland weren't that professional, they didn't the directions at all.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chinese Arts College is just located opposite to the hostel, a really nice building.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's a building located next to our hostel, we didn't know what was it inside but it's so good design, we felt like in Japan.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's the common area of the hostel.

After settling down everything, we started to explore the beautiful West Lake.

West Lake (西湖) is a famous fresh water lake located in central Hangzhou, in Zhejiang province of eastern China.

The lake is divided by three causeways called Su Di (蘇堤) , Bai Di (白堤), and Yanggong Di (楊公堤).

The West Lake is said to be the incarnation of Xi Shi(西施), one of the Four Beauties of ancient China. Hence, since ancient times, the West Lake was associated with a large number of romatic poets, profound philosophers, national heroes and heroines.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We took a little boat to see this amazing West Lake which is really beautiful and romantic.  It's cost ¥100 which was quite reasonable as it's really cold and the boat took nearly an hour.

Michelle & me~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We're so lucky to see the sunset on the boat.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Every photo can be a postcard indeed.

Bilingual introduction video:

This video was taken by me!

This video was taken by Alban, it's rare to find me in the video.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's freezing, I guess it's below 0 degree, Alban became a member of Al-Qaeda (阿爾�"��"組�") again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In order to take a photo with the sunset, I moved myself despite I was so afraid of falling down to the lake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Do u know what is that??  The 3 little towers were found in the ¥1 yuan note.

Bigger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Now, you can compare, is it fanatic? We were all surprised when the sailor told us that.

We were landed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wah.. if Michelle were replaced to my Mr. Right that would be perfect.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Michelle and me became Eskimos (愛斯基�'�人) because it's really too cold.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Michelle was voracious??  haha, no, we 3 shared the corns, Michelle was the one who saw the black corn and crazy for it.  It wasn't bad to eat some hot stuff in that freezing atmosphere.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Su Shi is the famous person in hangzhou, he's good at writing poem, I learned his poems in school, he could write a poem within 9 steps.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the sculpture of Su Shi.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We walked around the West lake and wished to walk back to the hostel, but the sun had gone so quick and we were really cold and starving, but guess what??  We couldn't find any good restaurant by walking more than 20 minutes.   Eventually, we ended up in a little family-owned restaurant.  Believe it or not, I love going to this kind of restaurant, the food is always good and cheap.  Perhaps, it's the first time of Alban to eat in this kind of nasty restaurant ( I guess he felt this before entering it), so he wasn't that willing to eat in there.   However, after finishing our dinner, we're all satisfied, the food were so delicious and cheap.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This bean curd was so good!!

It's only around 7pm when we finished our dinner, we had neither nothing to nor nowhere to go due to the cold weather, so we just jumped on the cab and  back to hostel to sleep for a while.  We had slept for around 2-3 hours, I guess we could sleep until next morning if we continued to sleep.  However, I think it'd be kind of wasteful if we slept for the whole night, and there were plenty of bars and clubs nearby, so we got up and put as much cloth as possible on to go out.   In comparing to the clubs/bars in HK and Shanghai, clubs/bars in hangzhou weren't that nice, so we didn't enter any club/bar but we bought some drinks and snack back to the  hostel.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love this photo which was taken by me.  This is the common area of our hostel, the African girl was studying in Hangzhou, she fell asleep after drinking too much.  We wanted to watch a movie before, and this girl gave us advice about the cinema, and the answer was no way because it's too late.  She looked at Alban in a way that she liked him, wah...Alban was lucky, but they didn't talk furthermore.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We bought some coke and West Lake beer!!!!!!!!!!!

Alban taught us how to play "Go (the board game)", it's kind of a fun game and the principle isn't that difficult, so we all knew how to play in that night.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We're new this game, so it's understandable we lost.

It's a happy night.

We went back to sleep around 12am, our room had a little window on the roof, this is my dream room, I always want to have a bedroom like that because I love to watch the stars on sky until I fall asleep.  Unfortunately, there was no star on that night.

yoshall says:
nice pics. i was there walking by the lake in february. it was awesome!
Posted on: Apr 26, 2007