On the road, through Denver

Denver Travel Blog

On the road again!
Denver was the place where our trip branched off from it's original itinerary.   We had found out a few days ago from Tylers mom that he had gotten accepted into Sound School in New Haven.  This was the school whose entrance exam he had taken the morning of the day we left.  He was excited to go there because of the aqua-tech program they have, which teaches things like sailing, boating skills, marine biology, etc.  which he is very interested in.  This was great news that he got in, but she informed us he had to be back a week sooner than planned for his orientation, etc.!  Dawn and I had toyed with the idea of buying him a plane ticket home, so we could stretch his trip out a few more days...but eventually we decided to just head home and save the rest for another future trip.    Places we intended to see included Pike's Peak, Great Sand Dunes, Silverton-Durango Railrod, Mesa Verdi, 4 corners, Monument Valley, Petrified Forest, Sedona,  Saguaro National Park, White Sands, and Carlsbad Caverns.  We also missed seeing two friends I had planned on visiting.  My friend Betsy lives in Alamogordo, New Mexico, and my old friend Joe lives in Texas now. Oh, Well! Plenty of stuff to warrant a future trip!  Plus, Dawn was getting homesick and missing her kitties.   SO, at this point we reluctantly start to head back East!
jostravel says:
Great news about Tyler getting into the school he wanted - shame about cutting the trip short though.
Posted on: Apr 19, 2016
sunsetrosebud says:
Mesa Verde was the trip of a lifetime. We spent three days there in order to see all of the ruins. It is a long drive up the mountain to get there but it was fantastic. We also did the Silverton Durango Railroad trip and it was wonderful. I highly recommend it. I have to say that I was totally unimpressed with four corners and would not waste my time going there again. Glad to here that the trip had to end early due to good news.
Posted on: Apr 28, 2007
WaltJake says:
yeah, tell me about it! I've done this trip twice, and could do it twice again to finish my "checklist". And, I'm learning about so many other places from my fellow Travbuddies, my list keeps growing! (Next time we're in Visalia, you can show us where they hide the stores that sell meat!)
Posted on: Mar 13, 2007