Ruby's Inn RV Park and Campground, near Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Blog

Our campsite at Ruby's Inn RV Park and Campground

It was dark by the time we got to our campground, Ruby's Inn RV park on Rt 63, just 1/2 mile from the entrance to Bryce Canyon. They had over 200 campsites, and a lot of amenities including pool, hot tubs, large store and gift ship, gas station, and all night laundry room with plenty of washers and dryers. They also have a Best Western Motel, for those who don't want to "rough it" like we did!  The campground also offers cabins and Tee pees to sleep in.

A nice tent site under some big trees was good enough for us, and after we set up shop, it was my turn to do laundry.  I bagged up all our stuff, we had quite a lot between us, 3 big bags of laundry and linens!  Since the truck was unpacked, I threw all the bags in the bed of the truck and drove over to the laundry room, which was by the motel.  When I got there, I realized we were almost out of laundry detergent...and the general store had just closed for the night!  I literally missed it by 5 minutes.  No big deal, I'm sure I can find a convenience store or all night grocery around here someplace, right?    I drove for miles...  Nothing!!   Trying to find detergent near Bryce Canyon  is like trying to find meat in Visalia...(or Goshen, right, X Drive?)   It just ain't happening!  I couldn't find ANYTHING open, much less a grocery store.  Ruby's seems to be it around here, and the store there was closed! Since we were pretty much out of clean clothes, and I didn't want to waste any time with this chore in the morning,  I went into the Best Western and asked the night clerk if he had any idea where I could find detergent at this hour.  He said "Sure! There is a vending machine down the hall by the soda machine, around the corner from the phones"  Well, I walked over there, and was greatly relieved to find just what I needed!  I had driven many miles over the past hour in a fruitless hunt, and here was a machine not 100 yards from the laundry room.  (Note to Ruby's..a sign in the laundry room would be nice, telling guests where to get detergent after hours! Better yet, why not put a machine like this IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM!)    I got some change from the night clerk, and bought five little boxes of Tide.   By the time I got back to the laundry, the clothes I had started were done, and I had the whole place to myself.  I had about 6 machines going at once, and we were back in business!   It was pretty close to 1 am by the time I made it back to camp...Dawn and Tyler both long since asleep.

gfranci2 says:
I also stayed at Ruby's when I was at Bryce Canyon, although when I was there it flurried, which was not expected nor planned for. It would have been nice to have a clothing store nearby to buy some more sweaters! Although, since it was so cold we decided to eat in the restaurant there, which was a great decision as there was a man playing some good renditions of Johnny Cash songs on his guitar.
Posted on: Jul 26, 2007
X_Drive says:
Laundry just has to be the one hitch in anyone's vacations. So many things can, and usually do, go wrong. No soap, no hot water, no COLD water, broken machines, a line of people with no end in sight, no change to get the soap for the machine, vending machine empty or jammed, or you put your clothes in get the thing started and go to get a book or soda and come back to find all your stuff gone! Oh, the woes of laundry. :)
Posted on: Feb 22, 2007
koala says:
Oh how I know that - laundry rooms are great especially when you are camping! Nice to wear fresh washed clothes again!!!
Posted on: Feb 22, 2007
Our campsite at Rubys Inn RV Park…
Our campsite at Ruby's Inn RV Par…
Bryce Canyon National Park