Natural Nature at Ampawa

Ampawa Travel Blog

night life there
It's my second time here at Ampawa Floating Market. The evening floating market during weekend. Ale and I were there after the Lopburi trip. I remember when Ale told me to take him to the floating market, the original one of Thailand - Damnoun Sadouk Floating Market, I told him that it's touristic and not sure if he liked it? Yes, he doesn't like much. Then now I brought him to this place, he likes it more.

I wrote about Ampawa Floating Market in another blog already so I'm not gonna write much here. We're tired from the Lopburi morning trip so we came here to have dinner. The market is still nice. The boat shops is sailing along the Ampawa River. If we had more time, we would stay over night there. There are many guesthouse on the river, really cool.
Sweet Potato
This market opens after 4pm to around 11pm. There are street foods, Restaurants, souvenir shops, art gallery and others, and also the palace of the Kind Rama II that you can visit.

Most of tourists are Thai. I think foreigners who want to visit Floating Market were brought to Damnoun Sadouk Floating Market already. To come here is quite complicated if you don't have your own car but it's not too difficult but in guide book or travel agents don't talk about this place much.

I love it here - as it doesn't change much from the past. The food is good and have many other kind of food to choose. The atmosphere is nice. Relax, enjoy and fun. People come here to eat, to sit near the river, to stay over night in the river, to sail the boat around the river and to see the fireflies. Natural Nature.

Sweet Potato
Loog Shub. (Ingredient : pea)
Loog Shub. (Ingredient : pea)
Ampawan Village