Around the world in a few hours

Chon Buri Travel Blog

I'm exaggerated, I know! :D

Had a thought to have a one-day trip somewhere near Bangkok. Three places in mind; A) Mini Siam B) Koh Kred C) Ancient City. I've been to B before but A and C never been yet. A is in Pattaya, Chonburi province. C is in Samuth prakarn Province ... My fellow was Jane, my Filipino friend who I worked with. She let me decide everything as she said "it's your country so please show me".

Haha .. if you know me well, sure you know that I am a bad guide. I just deleted one of an interest on my profile "show people around my home town" as I realized that I wasn't good to do it. Even I've been to all provinces in Thailand but my fish brain made me always forgot things.
Look alike?
When I met TBs here and they asked me "where should I go today?" My first response was "what do you want to see?" Haha .. if they know, they wouldn't ask you NEW!

But I'm not that bad. I can guide you to the beach, north, east, south, west ... just only in Bangkok that I'm stuck!

I haven't been to Pattaya for almost 10 years (since I found the nice beach at south) so I chose A choice. Jane agreed. So here we go!

I called Jane one day before and asked her to have a one day trip. She said ok without asking where we go. Then I told her to meet at 10am, she said No. "New, are we going to have a one day trip or a half day trip? If it's one day trip, we should meet since 8am!" Really?! I have to wake up at 7am?

I woke up at 7.30am and was ready since 8am. I've waited for Jane and she came at 9am!  We talked a bit and Jane asked to go to Siam to buy her special cigarettes and the shop wasn't open yet.
Mini Democracy Monument
We left there around 11.30am. Took a van at noon and started going at 12.30pm! One day or a half day trip, Jane? Told you, 10am is perfect than 8am.

We took the van at Victoria Monument Bangkok-Pattaya (150THB per person) as it will pass Mini Siam. I told the driver to stop us there. The traffic in Bangkok was incredible as usual so we arrived there around 2.30pm. Had late lunch at Mcdonald - stupid me, I shouldn't eat junk food since I got high level of cholesterol but there's nothing to eat, that's why.

The website says that the entrance ticket for Thai people is 150THB and foreigner is 250THB. Jane didn't say anything so they thought that she's Thai. We paid 100THB each (cheaper than I thought) and they said "Two Thai people". Yeah I know it's tricky but Jane was happy for that.

Minisiam (the detail is in the link to my Mini Siam's review) is another place that I like, Jane likes it too.
Sukhothai!
There are mini Siam and Mini Europe in there. It's the re-creation with the propotion 1:25. For those who like art, I think you'll like it here. There are not too many people during the daytime. It was hot, yes but I love the sun and the sun helped me got nice pictures but the staff said it's also beautiful in the evening as they use the light effect here. The bus tour will send tourists here in the night to watch the show. You can check for more info at minisiam.com

Jane and I were there since 2.30pm. After finished one round we'd like to walk around again as we're really enjoyed taking pictures! :D There were a few groups of people came at the same time. I saw they walked walked walked in a hurry like they had to go to somewhere else later. Maybe they weren't interested in this place but of me, even some places I've seen before but to see them all in the same place with the small size, I love it! The one who built it was great! I love his job.
Pisa!

We called the van as they gave me the number before to pick us up at the Kasikorn Bank opposite Mini Siam, comfortable! Arrived home safely with the happiness. As I said before, if you have time to travel around Thailand you should go to visit each city to see the real ones by your own eyes but if you want to have some fun with a one day trip, welcome to Mini Siam! :)

Have fun!