Ahhhhhh ... Hotel Indigo

Vernon Hills Travel Blog

Hotel Indigo, Vernon Hills, IL

We hit Chicago about 6pm, just in time to get us to the hotel about 7pm.  The Hotel Indigo is a pet-friendly hotel.  They just opened this location about three weeks ago and I've had both their front office manager and their In.Keeper in class within the last month.  They both offered me a free room on my way through.  I was going to stay at my stand by Crowne Plaza Northshore in Mundelin, IL ... but this one is free, the CP would have been at the employee rate.  I think I'll go with free - especially in a brand new hotel.

The team at the Hotel Indigo was great! They were sold out and still offered me the comp room - thanks Michaeline!!  We got into our room - it was beautiful, very spacious and comfortable.  One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in in a LONG time!  The dogs weren't too keen on the hardwood floors, but we threw the dog bed on the floor, and of course they made themselves at home by sleeping in bed with me.  They don't get to do this at home ... I don't know why they think it's cool when we're in a hotel!  There is an office park next door with a big pond, so we took a long walk around the pond about 5 times so they could get a little exercise.  They're just as unhappy being cooped in a car as I am ... so it felt good to get up and walk around.

Ready for a good night sleep - then off to Casco tomorrow to see Julie, Jeremy, Caleb, and Sue!

Hotel Indigo, Vernon Hills, IL
Dogs finally eating dinner at the …
Dogs finally eating dinner at the…
Spacious room!
Spacious room!
Vernon Hills Hotels & Accommodations review
Beautiful hotel, suburban location, pet-friendly!
While on my trip to Wisconsin, I decided to stay over in Chicago again this year (it's 12 hours from the house and about all I can take in the car). … read entire review
Vernon Hills