Ko Samui

Koh Samui Travel Blog

Personally i like the less commercial, less travelled route and now leaving Ko Tao with is so much small than where I am going to I am interested in seeing how different it is. The beach has a lot more restaurants with plastic tables and chairs planted in the sand. sometimes connected with Christmas lights. the market is also much better here and it's the first time for me to eat a grasshopper, fried , nice and crunchy. I don't think it would replace the potato chip business but I am quite suprised by the taste. I also managed to talk to a nice local girl and after having a drink together I invited her for dinner on the beach. With a display of catch of the day laying in front of us and the perfect atmosphere of the beach. there's no place i'll rather be right now.

I am asked if i am going to eat the eyes of my whole fish that is laying on my dinner plate. My first reaction " no, but please feel free"  She is telling me that it is a delicasy here and happely she puts her fork into the eye. Well, knowing that and always willing to try new things. It's time for me to turn the fish over and try the other eye. You will not confuse that with a oyster, but this slightly slimey thing is ok. This turned out to be a great evening and night spend with a newfound friend.

After breakfast in the morning it is time to get the scooter and stake out this island which is quite a bit larger than the last one. Trying to go across the island after hiking and seeing a couple of small waterfalls. I get of the common dirt road and get lost for a couple of hours. I decide to turn around because I know I am not getting anywhere. Along the way the scenic is great and I am running into some people living totally remote in huts, WAY COOL.. This place is not bad and has a nice beach, a few parties, temples and even a patrified monk on display. It is always nice to see another place but give me Ko Tao anytime over this place. Next stop is Krabi and I can't wait to get there.

she taught me how delicious fish e…
she taught me how delicious fish …
Koh Samui