Dead Sea

Dead Sea Travel Blog

02:00 AM: In bed after helping friend.

06:00 AM Got up, showered, dressed and used Internet. Yes—only 4 hrs sleep.

07:20 AM Went to Arabic quarter and brought bread and soda. Cheaper in Arabic quarter.

08:55 AM Go outside and wait for bus. Girl from the hotel calls me and asks if my name if Phillip. There is a taxi waiting for me across the street—I was expecting the bus. Pick up Asian female—Ruth and go to another site waiting for the bus.

09:10 AM Bus leave to Tel Aviv. Bus drives past barrier---mixed feelings about the wall. I know how it stops terrorists but it separates families. Drives pass Dead Sea on the way to Masuda.

11:00 AM Arrive Masuda. See Bedouin people—look pretty poor.

11:50 AM Saw approx. where Dead Sea scrolls where found. Very interesting visit. Guide was pretty good. Decide to walk down the mountain—takes approx. ½ hr. Pass a lot of girls who are having a good time walking and chatting. Ended up talking with a fellow American.

12:20 PM Arrive at Ein Gedi. Very nice place. I look for my friend Ruth but did not find her. I take sulphur bath, you can only stay in the bath for ½ hr. Took shower and then took mud bath pretty fun. Then it was time for shower. Shower very cold. Well at Dead Sea—time for float.

Dead Sea