Easter @ Curacao

Curacao Travel Blog

Seems a bit strange to some, but during easter I left Bonaire to go to Curacao. And I had the most Girliest reason, I WANTED TO GO SHOPPING! But because it was the easter weekend the shops would only be open on saturday.

So the other three days I wandered across this lovely island, wich is defenitely more crowded en noisier than Bonaire. But than again the nightlife has more options, gives you more choise.

The Emma Bridge between Punda and Otrobanda is ofcourse a must see.

Otrobanda is not 2 crowded, talk a walk through Kura Hollanda. Or if you can afford it stay there! Take the stairs at the Rif Fort, to enjoy an nice view. Downstairs they have a Douwe Egberts Cafe (TIP 4 the Dutch). HagenDasz is also at the Otrobanda side but I saw they were starting a Ben and Jerry's Punda... Maybe next time I can enjoy both!

We stayed at a B&B in Sta Rosa, so rented a car. Just in case some of you are wondering, the Albert Heijn is only a ten minute drive! And Sta Rosa is close to the Suikertuinmall.

If you want something really small but big in Curacao go and see the oldest tree at HofiPastor. And after youre walk try the homemade tamarindejuice whilst sitting on a swing under the tamarind tree!!!

photo by: ms_travelr