Finally back in Vegas!!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Melanie, Erin and Joe
Can't believe it was 4 months since I made the decision to join the 3rd Vegas meet up. It was during the Dusseldorf meet where I got chatting to Melissatms. Turned out we had the same birthday. It was Melissa who told me about the meet up on our birthday. I had been waiting for an opportunity like this since I went to Vegas the last time 2 years ago. I went with my sister and although we had a good time it wasn't much of a party.

The flight over was pretty uneventful. Everything was right on time and we even landed at McCarran 20 mins early. I got a taxi over to Mandalay Bay where I was sharing a room with Wendy. Wendy had already checked in a couple of hours earlier and she had left me a little welcome note.

I was already trying to combat my jet lag as I normally suffer quite badly from it.
Smile! You're in Vegas!
I had a quick shower then went for a little walk round the hotel to check it out a bit. When I got back Wendy had come back it was really nice to finally meet her. She had thought ahead and had brought with her a couple of beers and a bottle of wine.

The pre-meet up was at the Blue Martini so we got ourselves ready, opened our beers and headed for the taxi line. As soon as we got there I realised that I had forgotten my ID and had to go all the way back to the hotel to get it. When we eventually got back to the Blue Martini, Wendy discovered that she didn't have her ID!!! We explained our whole disaster to the guys on the door and they told us to shut up and get in before he changed his mind.

The Blue Martini is HUGE!. We eventually found the TB's and it was like seeing all my old friends at once. And so we all danced and drunk the night away. I started flagging at around 11pm and RJ kindly offered me and Julie a lift back to Mandalay. Julie was also with us. I think she was staying at Sals. On teh way back we passed to Vegas sign and I mentioned that we needed, at some point, to have out pictures taken under it. No time like the present though and RJ stopped and took some photos of me and Julie under the sign and then we headed off just as it was getting busy.

I was so glad to finally get to bed. I'd had a great first night. Bring on day 2!!
mellemel8 says:
i am so glad you made it. glad i met you. good times good times :)
Posted on: Sep 19, 2008
Smile! Youre in Vegas!
Smile! You're in Vegas!
There you go..
There you go..
Sal getting down on the dance floo…
Sal getting down on the dance flo…
Busted!!
Busted!!
Las Vegas Hotels & Accommodations review
Huge rooms and very comfy beds.
I stayed at Mandalay Bay during my birthday celebrations. Wendy had booked it and asked if anyone wanted to share to split costs and I took her up on … read entire review
Las Vegas