EEEK!!! ONE LANE HIGHWAY

Kahakuloa Travel Blog

KAHAKULOA HEAD

THIS WAS A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN....

Maybe about an hour or 2 who knows to the drive, we are all yelling at the car in front to us for about 30min, for this car to drive faster HAHAHA.  We were all distracted that we missed the landmark. The road was starting to turn into a one lane EEEEEK. Liz, told us it was before the lane become one. We stopped by a YELLOW BUS that was selling mango smoothie, pineapple smoothie, and of course shaved ice.

I asked the lady where the blow hole is, she said it was 38 marks back EEEEEEEEEEEK. Yes we did miss it HAHAHAHA. it was the place where all the boulders and stacks of rocks that I said to the girls “HEY THAT IS ALL THE ROCK STACKING THAT I WAS TELLING YOU GUYS WE SHOULD DO!!!”

We doubled back as soon as we took a few photos of the fabulous view from the top.
POELUA BAY
We all head t the car and off we went. But first poor A has to pass the trek the dreaded “ONE LANED” road. We were lucky on the way but if we had to make a U-TURN back to the blow hole. EEEEEEEEEEK we saw a couple of cars coming right us. A was freaking out a bit. H and I guided A to drive slow and try to pass the other car. It was quite an adventure and experience. The other car ended up backing up for us. OMG that was very cool of him. A was relieved PHEW!!!

After that tough ordeal, all the other cars paved the road to us to drive thru with no problem. THANKED GOD.  Off we go to the blow hole. OMG THE BLOW HOLE BETTER BE WORTH IT!!!! HAHAHAHA. we were all careful this time and not miss it.

We got paranoid. There was another marked land mark. I told A to pull over and I will jump out and ask these random tourists as well where the blow hole is.
SMOOTHIE ANYBODY???
I asked these nice and fine couples where the blow hole was. They had no idea themselves. HAHAHAHA. However, one of the ladies said the she remembers passing the 38th mark. YAY!! Hopefully she was right. I took some photos then I ran down the trail to the car. The girls was yelling “RUN RUN RUN BITCH RUN!!!!!” HAHAHA. then I noticed the elusive Volvo EEEEEEEEEEK I was talking to old couple that was DRIVING EFFFFING SLOW UGH!!!!! The couple that distracted us from missing our blow hole UGH!!!!

Kahakuloa is an area on the North side of West Maui, Hawaii. It is home to the isolated community of Kahakuloa Village, Aina Anuhea Tropical Gardens and a few small businesses.

It is accessible via Kahekili Highway (State Highway 30).

Traveling along the West Coast is one of the most scenic drives on the island.
ME AND "A"
Past the Nakelele Blowhole and the Olivine Pools Highway 340 narrows considerably for about 1 ½ miles as it descends the mountain and enters Kahakuloa Village.

This community is one of the most isolated spots on Maui and most of the residents work in and around the village. Aina Anuhea Tropical Gardens, Kaukini Gallery and Bruce Turnbull Studio and Sculpture Garden are a few examples of local businesses.

Leaving the village is pullout with a terrific view of the village and bay. Just as the road widens past the village is another wonderful vantage site located between Kahakuloa Head, a 636-foot high hill beside the ocean, and Ku'u Kahuli'anapa, a 547-foot hill to its right.

Useful Information:

Wonderful views of the village and ocean before and after the village
      No gas stations or restaurants located in the village
      Road is VERY NARROW for 1 ½ leading into and out of the village - be very cautious and drive slowly!

DIRECTIONS:
Take Highway 30 around the west end of Maui from Kapalua.
"A" & "H"
The highway turns into Highway 340 just prior to the village. Kahakuloa Village is located between Mile Markers #14 and 15 on Highway 340.

EEEEEEEEEEK WE ALMOST FELL OFF THE CLIFF!!!!

ME AND A