AT THE AIRPORT

Kahului Travel Blog

MY SAD FACE

BYE BYE MAUI...UNTIL NEXT TIME.....

We arrived at the airport 2hrs early. “A” baggage was all underweight YAY!!!!  We hung out near security to enjoy the weather. We ate some of my banana bread I bought in Hana. We drank the last of the water in our hand carry. It was an open air airport. I people watched in the airport. “H” noticed there were roosters running around the airport parking lot.

The girls wanted to have a drink at Sammy’s which is one of Sammy Hagar’s restaurants. He is the lead singer to VAN HALEN after David Lee Roth. We were so good all week. I had ONE GOOSE, the girls each had 2 drinks and only because it was all inclusive at the luau.
OUR BAGGAGE HAD BABIES
  The girls each ordered a mango passion mojito and we shared onion rings. WOW that was expensive drink…$14 each!!!!

I was watching the redskins vs. cowboys and raiders vs. chargers game while the girls drank. We were talking about what are going to do when we get back to LIFE!!! I am still not home yet. I still have my bday week in LA with my random LA friends.

I reminisced at what I have done In Maui, i did the helicopter ride, drove to Hana, spend quality time with my BFFs, so excited “A” finally went to Hawaii. We did plenty of activities in a week. we planned it out perfectly without rushing.  Out of the 7 days, 3 planned activities and 4 days of relaxing and shopping. This is a “BFF’S or PUMA” vacay style.  My way is NO SHOPPING and pure activities every day until my feet falls off.
MAMA AND MORE BABIES

“A’s” eating check list: taro CHECK, poi CHECK, banana bread CHECK, chocolate mac nut shortbread cookies CHECK, shaved ice CHECK, mahi mahi and ono tacos and burritos CHECK, kulua pork CHECK, lua lua CHECK, and spam mushubi NOPE…..next time.

For a last minute trip, took me 2 weeks to plan, I only spent $235 for fees and moving flyer miles to my account. As opposed to a $1200 nonstop flight to Maui. I spent about $500 of activities including the tips. Splitting the car and gas for 3 of us $100. The food with groceries $50 and misc stuff $50. Not bad less than a G.

I called my mom to let warn her that we had extra baggage. I am ready to pass out in the plane. I know I won’t I still have to blog the rest of the trip.UGH I need to be more discipline on blogging every night. There is so much to type and remember.
OPEN AIR AIRPORT

Unfortunately the flight is packed and full. I hope whomever is sitting near the girls is willing to trade with me. I am at 17D and the girls were 27A and B. I hope I don’t sit near screaming babies like the last one GOOD GOD!!!!

WILL ADD MORE THOUGHTS LATER……

Kahului Airport (OGG) celebrated the grand opening of Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill, the namesake of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Maui resident Sammy Hagar at August 2008.

The new full-service restaurant was created by Sammy Hagar and HMSHost, a provider of travel venue dining and shopping, and the leaseholder and manager of multiple concessions at Kahului, Lihue and Honolulu airports.
TOTAL OF 6 DRINKS BETWEEN THE 2 OF THEM ALL WEEK :)
The new island style cafe is part of a six-year contract extension awarded to HMSHost last November.

"HMSHost is demonstrating its commitment to welcoming Hawaii's visitors at Maui's Kahului Airport with local fare that reflects the culture of the Islands. Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill gives travelers an immediate 'sense of place' as soon as they step off the plane," said Brennon Morioka, Hawaii's department of transportation director.

The Hawaiian Islands' casual, beach environment and Hagar's personal flare inspired the atmosphere and ambience of Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill. Signed memorabilia from the artist's personal collection adorn the walls surrounding the bar. Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, and other rock and surf inspired music provides the backdrop.

"Music and dining are two of my great passions.
SAMMY'S
Our menu is the result of recipes and advice I've received from some of my favorite friends, the celebrated chefs I've met in my travels across America. Working with HMSHost to develop Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill has been an unparalleled positive experience," said Hagar.

Kahului Airport

Kahului Airport is located on the northern edge of the land bridge between Haleakala and the West Maui Mountain Range on the island of Maui. The airport occupies 1,391 acres of land and is located three miles east of the town of Kahului. The airport has two intersecting runways and full of air carrier facilities for domestic overseas and interisland commercial service. Kahului Airport provides commuter/air taxi and general aviation operations, including helicopter operations in separate locations. Vehicular access to the passenger terminal, commuter/air taxi, cargo, scenic tour operators, general aviation facilities and airport support facilities is via a roadway network that connects to the Haleakala and/or Hana Highways.

Airlines

Pacific Wing

United Airlines

West Jet

OPEN AIR AIRPORT
TOTAL OF 6 DRINKS BETWEEN THE 2 OF…
TOTAL OF 6 DRINKS BETWEEN THE 2 O…
EMPTY AIRPORT