At the beach, all day :D

Ko Samet Travel Blog

Day 3 : sunny - rain at night

Woke up at 7am but went back to sleep. Got up by someone's text. That text starts from 'Hi Eiko. How's Koh Samet? .... ' Hmm.. I don't know this number but it's Thai number and this person knows my number and my name and that I'm in Koh Samet.. Who would it be!? I text back and asked who were you? It was from one of TB guys. I told him that I was going cuz I knew he was in Bangkok so I asked him to join me if he had some time. We didn't meet up unfortunately.
So I got up, took a quick shower and went to the beach! It was before 10am but people were already at the beach and some of them were having breakfast. The beach in the morning was really great!! The water was so clear and not so busy at all, of course :)
Was there for about an hour.
jep's bungalow - where i stayed

There were lots of women who's asking us to offer massage or manicure or that kind of stuff. I talked to one of the girls yesterday and promissed to do some nails done. I didn't have money that time and was too lazy to get some money so I told her to come back tomorrow.
She remembered me so I went back to my room and got some money.  She wasn't professional so it wasn't good but was okay. And it was my first time experience that I've done my nails at the beach, under the trree with lots of flies and ants...

Had lunch at the beach restaurant and started to walk around this island.  (I didn't like eating outside because of flies. they were all over food)
I wanted to go to the other beaches. First, I started to walk on muddy road for about 15 minutes or so, then I found a guesthouse and asked where can I get to Ao Tubtim.
look at the bottom.. 'Let's get Fucking wasted' ;)
He was such a sweet, kind guy and told me THIS is Ao Tubtim. Oh, great. Haha! I asked him how can I get to Ao Cho, he said just walk through the beach. Okay that's easy!!  I said thanks to him and went to Ao Tubtim beach first.. Nothing special that beach so I kept walking. Hmm.. more like climbing? So yeah I was climbing that little path and there I was. Top of a small cliff. Looking down the tiny quiet beach. It's Ao Nual. Wow! I love it! I didn't go down to the beach but sat down at the cliff. Looking down the nice beach and the water.. So relaxing. It was hot but nobody was up there so I sat/lay there for a while. Thought about obsolutely nothing! It was my favorite hidden place.
Well, it got hotter and I wanted to swim. I didn't bring any so I had to go back to my bungalow.
Ao Phai
Walked back to bungalow. This time was walking down the beaches. Much better than walking down the muddy road.
Got to my bungalow. Got a towel, water and the book and run to the beach and straight to the ocean (Ao Phai). OOohhhh so nice!!! I looked around the ocean. Wow there was no one swimming!! Although there were people on the beach. Felt sooo good!! The sky was amazingly blue, the ocean was blue/green and clear. Don't remember how long I was in the water..

Back to the beach and lay down. Such a nice day! Read a book and slept a bit.  Okay it was too hot! I burnt my back!!! After a couple of hours on the beach, I went back to my room.
Wanted to get some food and drinks from 7/11 so I thought why not to walk. Yeah it's a bit far to go to 7/11 but I had nothing to do.
Ao Phai
2 minutes after I left my room, it started raining. I was at somewhere to avoid the rain. Waited for it to stop. I guess it's not gonna stop because it got harder. I gave up going to 7/11 and went back to my bungalow.  Was raining, nothing to do...  Let's check emails/Tb/FB. I was there for about 35 minutes and I paid 70 damn baht!!!! It was 2 baht per minute. I knew it was expensive before I use it but omg that was so expensive!!! I paid only 20 baht for an hour in main land!! BUT I had to used it to message some friends..

Bought a coke and went back to my room. Watched some movies on TV, ate some chips... and went to bed.

Ouch! My back hurts from the sunburn.. Can't sleep!!
flammick says:
Sounds like a day well spent! Apart from the sunburn of course.
Posted on: Sep 30, 2008
Aquedita says:
I was always more into the mountains than the sea but then again, Polish beaches are nothing compared to those in Thailand ;)
Posted on: Sep 20, 2008
my bungalow (outside)
jeps bungalow - where i stayed
jep's bungalow - where i stayed
look at the bottom.. Lets get Fu…
look at the bottom.. 'Let's get F…
haha :D
haha :D
muddy road
muddy road
Ko Samet Hostels review
Good food with a huge room
Only 3 hours away from Bangkok by bus and the ferry and there you are! You're on an island called Koh Samet! Very small island but relaxing. There… read entire review
Ko Samet