Finally to Koh Samet

Ko Samet Travel Blog

Day 2 : cloudy - bkk, sunny - koh samet

Set alarm at 7:50am but got up around 7am. My other roommates were waking up earlier so I couldn't sleep.
Packed a tiny bit, checked out and head to On Nut station to get to Ekamai station. Only 2 stations but it was rush hour.. Bad timing. When I got to Ekamai and was going to ask someone where's the bus terminal.. I looked around and noticed that something was wrong, I mean different.. It was eight o'clock. If you know about Thailand, that's the time when you hear a national enthem and people stop walking. Stand still.. I didn't know but I thought I had to stop too so I did until it finished. Then asked a lady at a station.

Only a minute from Ekamai station to the bus terminal. Got a bus ticket. It was 260 round. The bus leaves at 8:30am but they actually left at right before 9am.
bus terminal
. Yeah.. of course not on time.. It took only 2 and a half hours to Ban Phe. I thought it's more than 3 hours. Got a ferry ticket for 100 round. Waited for a bit. It took us about 40 minutes to get to Koh Samet. Got on a green taxi. Found one Japanese couple on that taxi but didn't talk. Not sure if they noticed that I'm japanese. Maybe not. They didn't even care who was on the taxi anyway.. lol  Got off at infront of the guest house where I wanted to stay.
I asked a guy at reception if there's a room left. I got a huge, king size bed room with a fan and it was only 500 baht. I didn't think it was that cheap. I heard this island is pretty expensive so one room would be at least 1000 baht but hey, there's some cheap ones ;) And I found another cheap guesthouse too! 300baht, shared bathroom, etc..

Didn't swim today.. Just sat on the beach and read a book, had late lunch. This bungalow has a restaurant and it's so yummy!!!! It's a bit pricy compare to main land but you're on an island, what do you expect? And food is yummy anyway =)

Started raining in the evening right after I left beach. My room had a TV so I watched movies. Didn't eat anything after lunch but wasn't hungry at all. Kept waching movies that night. Still tired and sleepy..
momiji says:
Haha! Maybe :)
I didn't watch local TV so don't know bout it but yeah I was surprised in the cinema. I wrote about it on my last blog of Thailand. It was kinda funny :P
wayneollerenshaw says:
Really? Probably too drunk by that time to notice...hahaha! ;P I noticed on the TV though at times they randomly have that 'commercial' for the king, on every channel! And in the cinemas too.
momiji says:
Wayne, it happens at 6pm too. I never experienced that one yet. Get up early sometimes and get on that rush hour train. haha!!
boo
boo
so bored
so bored
it was used japanese bus..
it was used japanese bus..
ban phe