Arriving into Rapa Nui airport

Easter Island Travel Blog

OK, here goes....
It was the first time flying on LAN and it was a pleasant surprise...great seats and individual movies, so I thought this could be a very good start....watched MADE OF HONOUR, which featured many scenic backdrops of Scotland and traditional scottish wedding rituals (the piece of info will is a sign...soon I would discover). Anyhow, the flight took over 5 hours, yet another surprise because the clock turns back 2 hours coming from Santiago. By the time, the plane landed it was almost 8pm and my tummy was screaming for food.

The airport is tiny, reminded me of Port Macquarie airport in NSW. Some of the passengers were greeted with flowers placed around their head or neck.
Fish with seafood sauce & mash
..touristy I know...but it was nice to see the local tour coordinators appearing so warm and friendly. Many times I was stopped and asked if I had a reservation...took a while, but very quickly found people from Ana Rapu, and I was promptly led to the minivan....and I got to know a Scottish couple, who had also booked themself into Ana Rapu. Heather and Steve, from Edinburg, was on their honeymoon and we quickly got to know each other really well.

The transfer was just a stoneºthrow away from the airport, then again this island is about half the size of Singapore. Checked into the hostel and it was a 4-bed dorm with only another Chilean lady from Santiago, who was checking out in 2 days time. Mariaisabel was really nice and offered me an avocado (er...) when I mentioned I was hungry. I declined politely and she gave me directions to the seaside road which leads to the restaurants.

First dinner at the restaurant by the was called PEA and I had a fish main, white fish covered with seafood sauce with shellfish and was delicious and the portion was big...something I did not expect...ordering seafood soup prior to the main didnºt help either, but everything went in well...tummy was happy!

Walked back from the restuarant by the sea...pitched black road, but thankfully there was a full moon guiding me back to bed...canºt wait to sleep....15 min walk help with digestion...thank god!
malvin_soh says:
definitely worth it!
Posted on: Oct 10, 2008
Jeredk says:
I'm planning on going there eventually. I think it would be worth the trip. So many places to choose from though =(
Posted on: Oct 09, 2008
yadilitta says:
yes, you started your blogs, cool!!!! I can't wait to read more, hehe
Posted on: Oct 03, 2008