Travelling around Belgium (2002 - 2008)

Belgium Travel Blog

Eurostar
Since 2003, I start living in the Netherlands, my husband and I use to visit cities in Belgium quite often.
Especially when we go camping in the southern part of the Netherlands, we'll definitely make a road trip to Belgium and Germany.
As Belgium is our neighbour country, and one of the advantages is the time taken of our journey is not that long.
I would like to put up those cities that I have visited in Belgium to this blog, that way, hoping will be of some guide for those who will be planning a trip to Belgium in the near future or for those that have Belgium in their future travelling list.

The stones and bricks, historical sculpture buildings and cathedrals, the greenery and the bridges has wonderfully blend to form astonishing beautiful scenery of the landscape.
Brussel's Merry-go-round

Near the border of Germany and Luxemburg is the hilly terrian, the scenery over there is stunning, I really enjoy the car ride at that part of the country.

Belgium is well known the world over for its cuisine. Many highly ranked Belgian restaurants can be found in the most influential gastronomic guides, such as the Michelin Guide. Belgian food, like the country itself, is a mix of Germanic and Latin influences. Belgians love waffles (which originated in Belgium) and french fries. Contrary to their name french fries also originated in Belgium. The name "french fries" actually refers to the French description of the manner in which the potato is cut. To "french" means to cut into slivers. The national dishes are 'steak and fries with salad', and 'mussels with fries'.
Brands of Belgian chocolate and pralines, like Callebaut, Côte d'Or, Neuhaus, Leonidas, Guylian and Godiva, are world renowned and widely sold.
Belgium produces over 500 varieties of beer. The biggest brewer in the world by volume is InBev based in Belgium.
KeikoCreative says:
May, next time arrange to fly by, since there's alot of promotional fare on the ticket, consumers like us benefits from there :P
Posted on: Jun 15, 2015
cotton_foam says:
Id like to visit Belgium, too someday!!
Posted on: Jun 14, 2015
KeikoCreative says:
Thanks:) I'm still working on it:P
Posted on: Oct 30, 2008
Brussels Merry-go-round
Brussel's Merry-go-round
Atomium
Atomium
Statue of Brabo and the giants ha…
Statue of Brabo and the giant's h…
Manneken Pis