Heathrow to JFK

Staines Travel Blog

Grand Central station
Matt and I decided to go to New York more or less on impulse, in the middle of our academic years, and it was great not waiting for a break to come up. And somehow we managed to plan it so we wouldn't even have to miss any lectures. Great thing, being a postgrad student.

We had a very early flight because we wanted to arrive at JFK in the morning so we would have a full day there after landing. It was strange seeing Heathrow practically deserted, it just didn't feel right without the massive lines and the chaos. The flight itself was ok but boring, despite the fact that we watched two movies. I'm just not used to long-haul flights. After the guy at passport control made a (very friendly) comment about me not having any luggage apart from huge hand luggage we were off on the bus into Manhattan. And I think one of the greatest parts of our trips was getting off the bus: we hadn't really paid too much attention to where we were (we were tired) and stepping off the first thing we saw was Grand Central station and then a bit to the right the Chrysler building. And from that moment I knew I would love New York.
cygnus16 says:
If you're interested in studying crazy people you went to the right place. ;-) I spent nine years in the 70's driving a taxi there.......and survived to tell about it.
Posted on: Feb 14, 2007