Red Lion Hotel, and travelling back home.

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

I was trying to sleep in and housekeeping knocked on my door around 9 for about 3 minutes before I decided they weren't going to go away, so i stuck my head out the door and got the lady to go away.  I figured then that I was awake, so I took a shower and got all packed up, but in the process I forgot my cell phone.  I had checked out and was on the way to the airport when I decided to stop at Denny's for breakfast, and while I was waiting for my food to come I decided to read a little bit, at which time I figured out that I didn't have my phone.  So I ate my breakfast, and headed back to the hotel.  The lady at the front desk gave me a key to the room but when I got up there they had already cleaned the room. I walked around trying to find out who had cleaned the room, and nobody spoke english so I went back down to the front desk and explained the situation, the lady found the phone with the housekeeping supervisor and I waited about 10 minutes for her to bring the phone to me.  I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't realized the loss before I got to the airport, because they had labeled the phone from a different room number that I had stayed in, so they probably wouldn't have found the phone if it hadn't been the same day.

The flight home was better than the flight up. There was more room in the plane, and i was able to fit my bag into the overhead bin, which was good, because I flew back with USAir and they are charging $15 for the first bag and more for the others.  I had a window seat, I took a little nap on the plane, and I got home ok.  I used the off airport parking, so I caught the shuttle to the parking lot and got the car with no problems, and I was home by 3 or so.

All in all, a very nice weekend.