Hot Autumn Nights with Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, at Thanksgiving Point

Lehi Travel Blog

First of all, this was a beautiful venue for a concert.  Here's a link:  http://www.thanksgivingpoint.com/

I got a little bit lost on the way to the venue, as the place is huge and has a lot of different places to be within it.  I did stop and ask for directions when I got to the place where my GPS told me to go, and I had to turn around and go another couple of miles to get to the venue for the concert.  I got a really good spot on the lawn, I was about 3 rows back from the stage, whcih was awesome.  I met some really nice people, and the concert was just amazing. The band has a website too:  http://shupe.net and you can read more about them there, but they always always have a high energy, very entertaining show.  i have seen them at least five and possibly seven times over the past few years, and this show was the best one yet.  They opened up with Sam Payne, and his website is:  http://www.sampayne.com/home.html  He came out, and he brought Tilby and Craig with him. They played about 4 songs, and he is so great in that he will tell a little story about the song each time before he sings the song.  They were obviously friends as well and they had a good time which was great to watch.

Shupe and the band came on stage around 8 pm, and they played for a good hour and a half at least. They showed us the new video of their most recent single, Be The One, and they did all my favorite songs as well as a few that I didn't know or hadn't heard in a long time.  Their energy, as always, was very high and it was a lot of fun to watch and dance along with them.  They did autographs afterwards, and I got all of their CD's signed, well the ones that I hadn't already got autographed. So now i have all of their albums autographed, and I got a hug from each one of the guys as well.  It was definitely worth the trip!

Lehi