Pacific Love

Oregon Travel Blog

Wachlela Falls Hike

By far ... the Pacific Northwest coast of the USA is one of my favorite places. Part of that love is due to the fact that my charming sister, Vanessa, lives there with her husband, Mike, and their daughter, Matilda. Between the bustling city of Portland and the vast wilderness playground that is available everywhere this is a rad place to spend a little time explorying, adventuring, wining, dining, and hanging out with the liberals. This is also a great place to get a tatoo ... tre chic in OR! I centered most of my time in Portland, on the coast and up in Washington. My plan was actually to interview with an agency that does all wilderness expedition therapy. With this agency, I'd be on trail for 3 weeks and off 3.

Triple Falls Hike
But the interview was in the middle of my trip and, more than that, I decided I didn't fit with their model. And so I vacationed on!

Some of my favorite things to do in OR (I've been a handful of times)...hiking as much as possible for sure! I hiked Wachlela Falls, which is a really easy and breathtaking hike. And this was Matilda's first hike! I was thrilled to be a part of it. We also hike triple falls, which is a strenuous hike with a magnificent view at the end. Although Vanessa harped on me about my love life most of the way back down, this was a really great hike. Afterward, we went soaking to ease soar muscles. Chaba Thai is my favorite place to eat but it doesn't beat Stumptown coffee, which, unfortunately, I didn't drink a lot of because I was beginning to give up caffeine at the time.

Nehalem Bay on the Oregon Coast where I did a solo for a night.
I did one overnight on the coast at Nehalem Bay...this was some good alone time although I did get a bit lonely and was glad to head back to my sis the next day.

I was blessed to spend my 27th BDay while I was out there. My most favorite of all favorites (I know I have a lot of them) out there is swimming in the Washougal. It's so glorious and the water is so frigid and exhilerating, I felt high when I got out. The Washougal runs from Mt. Adams in Washington so it's fresh, clean, freezing water. Rasberry beer and ice cream was for dessert and I flew out the next day...a brilliant finish to the trip.

While I can't capture all of the awesome things I did on that trip here, I'd be happy to share any nuances of the Pac NW if you're ventured out that way.

Triple Falls Hike
Nehalem Bay on the Oregon Coast wh…
Nehalem Bay on the Oregon Coast w…
My sis and lovely niece, Matilda.
My sis and lovely niece, Matilda.