Back in Uyuni, lots of internet time.

Uyuni Travel Blog

This is what meal time usually looked like on the tour.

Hello All,
It was good to sleep in an actual bed with an actual hot shower, and I took full advantage.  I used up all of the hot water they had, and then some.  I woke up at about 7am to head down to the bus station.  As I suspected, all of the 10am buses to Potosi were full, so I had to settle for the 7pm.

The good news is that the 7pm is a full cama overnight, which means a nice bed.  And also I pay $50 bolivianos for the bus, but save a night of hotel room cost.  But, because of this I've been roomless today from about 1:30pm-6:30pm.  I had two stints in the internet cafe making all the tour updates, and got some food in the middle.  Now I've got about 15 minutes before I need to head down to check my bag for the trip.

Juan is the man!

Now, I will be dumped off in Potosi at about 5am.  So, do I try to get a room and do some laundry, or do I try to find a place to stow my bags and do Potosi on a day trip?  And then catch another overnight bus to La Paz?  I guess I'll see what the bus situation looks like.

I have my laptop with me on the trip, and only one place have I found Wi-Fi for hookup.  So in all of the other places I've had find an internet place that will allow me to use a network cable to hook up directly.  Some place this is easy, but most places look at me like I just propositioned their daughter or something.  Now understand, I know what I'm doing.

I am fully capable of configuring my laptop to be a part of any network, and have yet to fail if given the chance.  But still, most of the time, the attendants will deny me the opportunity to give them my money while using my my own 'puter.  Some even after my showing them I know what I'm doing by mimicking their settings.  Very frustrating!  Usually my best bet is the worker that has no idea about the network, that just lets me at it.  Today I was fortunate enough to find one of those.

Well I'm off for the bus.  A pleasant three block walk with the full gear.

Later all.

This is what meal time usually loo…
This is what meal time usually lo…
photo by: razorriome