Wakeboarding and More or Less?

Pili Travel Blog

Wakeboarding gear

Planning a trip for the holy week--- the peak of the peak season for local tourists, is quite difficult for any destination in the country since most Filipinos travel this time of the year. It falls on a summer, so it's usually hot, and beach-perfect.

It is the second year when my friends and I decided to go south of Luzon, travel 9 hours by land to reach our first destination- Pili, Camarines Sur--- home of the CWC

The great waters of the world and I have not been in very good terms. As tough as I may appear to be, I have always been afraid of deep waters.  My friends from college call me 'gutter girl' because I was a bully protecting the end of the pool as my lane for the laps just so I can hold on to the edge when I need to get up from the water.

It was funny for the others to watch, yet not easy for me to overcome.

Sunset in CWC, Pili, Camarines Sur

I thought the wakeboarding stint will do it for me. Wakeboard gear rental is very cheap. I think it was only about Php 500 for a whole day.

I was ready, all geared up. Yet my fear was stronger than my will.  I could not bear the thought of having panic attack in water in front of so many people.

Chicken, I know. But I'd rather live to be a  chicken for now, than drown and die of panic.

Still, I enjoyed this first stop. Watching the wakeboarding exhibitions was way better than exercising my vocal chords and throat to the maximum decibels ( the loudest sound can probably be heard in another town when I panic in water).

We stayed at the Ecolodge, a couple of hundred metres away from CWC. We got 2 units with 4 people each. We paid only 2000 pesos, which is about USD 45  or  about USD 6 per person/night. It was really inexpensive, considering the growing popularity of the site for tourists.

Food was very good, and super cheap. Fish, Chicken and Pork Kebabs go for 15 pesos/stick (USD 0.33).

I heard the laing pizza is perfection.

Pili is a great place to visit, with more things to explore, yet less money to spend. I would recommend it even for water yikers like me.... Just bring your perfect buddies, and fun will never run out...

Briefing with the CWC Guys