I love BCN

Barcelona Travel Blog

¡Hola de Barcelona!  I was just here last November but I loved it so much that I wanted to make Barcelona a stop in my European adventure this month.  It is SUCH an amazing city -- it gives me sensory overload and I love it.  This is one city I could visit over and over again and not get tired of it.  Plus I am in love with the architecture and Gaudi!  Tonight I am leaving on an overnight train to Madrid, another city I visited last November and wanted to re-visit this time around.  My favorite things to do in Madrid are eat and shop, so I hope to do a lot of it while I am there.

This morning, I dropped off my backpack at the train station and then did one last stop at La Boqueria which is one of my favorite places to visit in Barcelona.

Talk about sensory overload!!!  The sights, sounds, and smells of La Boqueria always bring a smile to my face.  I like looking at all the brightly colored fruits and vegetables and food, smelling the jamon, and hearing so many different languages in one place.  It is a bustling busy place and I could stroll around the different stalls forever.  I went to Lefties (where they sell some leftover -- hence "Lefties" -- Zara stuff from last season´s collection though the selection wasn´t as great as last November), Mango, and my personal favorite -- Zara.  Zara in Spain is so cheap, especially compared to the prices in the NYC stores (and even the stores in Greece and France) so it was really hard not to buy a lot.  I LOVE to shop, especially in Europe.  But I didn´t want to lug everything on the train with me tonight, so hopefully I will be able to get more shopping done in Madrid, my last city.

Since I did most of the touristy stuff last November, my time in BCN this time around has been relaxing.  I did get to go to Tibidabo (fantastic views of Barcelona) and the Magic Fountains (I think that´s what they´re called) near Montjuic which also offer another beautiful view of Barcelona.  I also re-visited La Rambla (of course), El Corte Ingles (I LOVE that they sell Chanel AND grocery items!!!), and my favorites Casa Batllo and La Sagrada Familia...I wanted to go back to Parc Guell (I love it there!), but that will have to be for next time.  I also tried absinthe (which sadly I did not enjoy -- yuck!!).  We had Filipino food the first night (HAHA...we craved Filipino food) and last night we ate at 4 Gats (so touristy but I love it).

I am glad to end my trip in Spain, it has been nice to be back to a familiar place and (sorta) relax.   This trip has both gone by SO FAST and yet it feels like I have been gone for so long too.  I have so many different emotions right now, but I fully plan to enjoy the last few days of my travels and am grateful for the experience so far.

I am not sure if I will have internet access in Madrid....so for now, ¡Adios de Barcelona!

Oh-- I stayed at Hostal Goya (http://hostalgoya.com/) again and I highly recommend it!!!!

Barcelona