Versailles and Ladurée

Versailles Travel Blog

This day, we went to beautiful Versailles!!  There was rain in the forecast for the next few days so we decided this was our only chance to see Versailles in good weather!!  We had been so lucky...3 weeks into our trip and we had perfect, warm, sunny weather EVERY DAY.  Well, in Cannes it was a little cloudy, but that was it.

I watched the movie Marie Antoinette (starring Kirsten Dunst) and I knew immediately that I needed to visit Versailles!  It looked beautiful and Michelle had told me it's even more beautiful in person.  We took the train to Versailles, and it's very easy to find the Château from there.   We sat near the lake and ate our lunch, walked around the gardens, and then finally toured the Château itself.
  It was unbelievable!!!  I was so excited to visit the famed Hall of Mirrors.  The rooms were gorgeous, although there were so many other tourists there that it felt claustrophobic!

We headed back to Paris, went to the Notre Dame, and got ice cream at Amorino and Berthillon.  Yum!!  Michelle LOVES the movie Paris Je T'aime, so we found some of the movie locations, including the mosque.  By this time, the clouds were starting to get dark and it looked like it was going to rain.  We headed back to the hotel and I took my daily siesta :)  I woke up to it thundering really hard, lighting brightening up the sky, and rain falling like rocks.  After the rain, we headed back out.  Michelle is obsessed with
Ladurée, so we decided to go there to get some macarons.
  We somehow ended up eating a fancy dinner there!!!  It was so expensive but we decided, we're in Paris, so why not?!  I don't even remember what we had, but it was something I never ate before.  We had their fabulous
Saint Honoré desserts to finish it off.

Michelle fell on the
Champs-Élysées (where all these French men decided she was a damsel in distress and tried to help her ha ha!) and then we went to the Trocadero for a gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tower lit up at night.  It literally took my breath away and I wanted to cry.  It was so beautiful and something you always dream about and see in pictures...if I wasn't already in love with Paris, I definitely fell in love with the city right then and there.

Versailles