Paris and the French Open - allez!!!

Paris Travel Blog

This is my last night in Paris and also our last night in France.  We are heading off to Barcelona tomorrow (one of my favorite cities)!

France was an unexpected joy for me.  I have enjoyed every minute of my time here!  I had previously only spent one day in Paris (as a day trip from London  -- what a joke!!  You can't do Paris in a day!) and was unimpressed with my time there.  This time around, we spent about 9 days in France -- 3 in the French Riviera and 6 in Paris.

My sister's favorite city is Paris, and I know many others who have loved this city.  I liked it a lot but I feel like I need to spend more time here to truly enjoy it.  It is such a big city with so many things to see.
Someone was REALLY excited to be at the French Open
   I live in NYC, but Paris was still a little overwhelming to me.   I definitely liked it much better this time around...especially Laduree!

Today I went to the French Open, which was one of the highlights of my trip so far!  It's been a goal of mine to attend all of the tennis Grand Slams (Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and U.S. Open) and as of today, I only have the Australian Open left!  I need to plan a trip to Australia...

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get allocated a lottery ticket to the French Open this year -- you have to enter your name in a lottery in order to get a ticket.  Some people entered the lottery, booked their flights/hotels...only to be told that they didn't get a ticket!!  Fortunately, I was one of the lucky ones who got a ticket, even though it wasn't in the section that I wanted.
Roger Federer
   I felt lucky to get one at all after hearing about other's bad luck.  There was a rain delay today, so matches didn't start until 2pm.  I loved seeing the clay courts....attending one of the Grand Slams is such a great honor as a tennis fan...I love it!  I got to see Venus Williams play (she won) and also Roger Federer, who I have been DYING to see!!!  He won the first set, and was winning the second set 4-1 before play was suspended because of the rain.  It was 6pm by this point and I was tired and cold, so I left.   Even though it was cold and rainy, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my last day in Paris -- at the French Open!

I am sad to leave France, but I am also eager to return to Barcelona!  It's hard to believe that I've been travelling for over 3 weeks...I feel like it has been a lifetime.
Eric says:
Sounds like you've had a great time so far! I have the opposite problem with travel -- it always seems like it is going by too fast!
Posted on: May 28, 2007
Someone was REALLY excited to be a…
Someone was REALLY excited to be …
Alize Cornet