New York state of mind...

New York Travel Blog

I never finished this blog.  It is now March 2009, almost 2 years since I've returned, so I though it was time!

It amazes me that it has received almost 13,000 views so far.  I hope it was helpful in your travel planning :)  As in my previous blogs,  I did leave out some parts of the trip.  But I think it was a fair representation of my travels and I hope that I was able to provide some good travel information to those of you who have read it.

I had such a wonderful opportunity to travel for a month and I'm glad I did it.   I definitely learned a lot -- about all the amazing places I visited, about people, and about myself.   It was an eye-opening experience.

After I returned from Europe, I visited Toronto, and then within a span of 6 weeks, I went to Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Maui, Oahu, and Las Vegas.  So 2007 was fairly busy for me, travel-wise.  I didn't travel as much in the summer, I had the most amazing trip backpacking around China, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand.   I was able to go to Spain on my annual "Thanksgiving in Spain" trip, and then home to Michigan for Christmas.  So last year definitely wasn't as jet-setting as 2007, but I was still able to enjoy the few trips that I made.

I got a new job last November, so my 5-week vacations won't be happening anymore.  It kills me!!!   I was definitely living in a dream world at my old job, where I could take 5-week paid vacations!  Now it's back to reality and the real world.   I am not sure what the future has in store for me, so I guess we'll see :)

I haven't had the motivation to write about the rest of my travels, but thank you for reading this one and for all of your nice comments/smiles about the blog and pictures.

I will end this blog with a quote from the movie,  The Beach:
"I still believe in paradise.  But now at least I know it's not someplace you can look for.   Because it's not where you go.  It's how you feel for a moment in your life...and if you find that lasts forever."

This trip wasn't perfect, but it had moments of paradise which were just magical.  These are the moments that I want to remember when I look back on this trip.  I hope you find those moments of paradise on all of your trips too!

19,815 km (12,312 miles) traveled