Bonjour Paris!

Paris Travel Blog

Sign at the Nice airport
We woke up very early in the morning to go to the airport.  It was so early and we had a very nice and chatty taxi driver.  He told us that Delta had a direct flight from NYC-Nice.  Hmmm...how "nice" to know haha!!  On our way to the airport, he told us all about his life and the history of Nice, as well as Barcelona.  We were too tired to tell him we already knew most of what he was telling us...instead we just kept nodding our heads and saying "Really!" and "Wow!"  Everyone we met in Nice was so kind and friendly, so I was bracing myself for the Parisians, who are known to be not as friendly :)  (I found this to be untrue as well)

We took EasyJet.
..it was so cheap!  If I lived in Europe, I'd be taking EasyJet and Vueling (I took them from Barcelona to Milan) as often as I could to travel all over the continent!!!  Anyway, we arrived in Paris and of course got on the wrong bus.  But Michelle knows her way around Paris and got us to our hotel in no time.  By the way, having a big backpack and carryon bag in a crowded Paris metro is not fun :)

We got to our hotel (Hotel Plessis) and dropped our stuff off.  We had to hurry to the Louvre, where we were supposed to meet Kathy.   We had a picnic at the Eiffel Tower, complete with wine, cheese, crackers, and grapes...and then we ended up eating at a Korean restaurant.  Ha ha!!   It was so good though... I had too much to drink on an empty stomach so we said au revoir/bonsoir/bon voyage to Kathy.  I'm glad we were able to meet, and hopefully we will be able to meet up in another international destination someday!

Paris is my sister's favorite city.  I didn't really like Paris the first time I went, but this time around definitely changed my mind.  Okay, so I didn't really like the long transfers for the Metro, and it was definitely the most expensive out of all the cities we visited on this trip.  But other than that...Paris was already working her charm on me.   Paris is definitely a feast for the senses and I was ready to taste more!

regal says:
Rachel! I'm so glad we were able to meet too! You girls are so down to earth and so kind, and I hope we will meet up in another international destination someday soon too! in the mean time, I might be flying into La Guardia...;)
Posted on: Jul 14, 2007
Sign at the Nice airport
Yes, we ate Korean food in Paris (…
Yes, we ate Korean food in Paris …
Paris