"Two lone females in an unknown town. Now, this is what I call an adventure." - E.M. Forster

New York Travel Blog

" I am leaving this harbour
Giving urban a farewell"
--from the song "Wanderlust" by Bjork

I'm saying goodbye to the concrete jungle of NYC and saying hello to foreign lands!  My flight leaves tonight and I'll be meeting Michelle in Paris, where we will then fly to Cairo, followed by Greece, Italy, France, and Spain.  I'm a mixed bunch of emotions -- anxious, a little scared, and most of all, excited!!  I've never travelled for this long before.   I'm a little nervous about the whole backpack situation...I've lived out of a backpack for 2 weeks, but never for a whole month!  It was a struggle to decide what to pack, but I somehow managed to fit in everything, with room to spare.  Though there is one thing I couldn't cut down on, and that was shoes.  I'm bringing 5 pairs...I know I am going to regret it later!

I'm looking forward to our sister trip.  Twins definitely have a special bond and I'm glad we both share our  love of travel.  We went to Spain together last November and it was a fantastic experience (even if we did get on each others nerves a few times!).  She will have her laptop during our trip, so depending on internet connections, I will hopefully be updating as the trip goes on.  Stay tuned!

Adio, Arrivederci, Au Revior, Adios!!!

melann678 says:
What did you end up packing? I'm doing a month long vacation through Europe and the Middle East and can't decide what I need to bring.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2008
dmae712 says:
That is awesome..my own twin doesn't travel with me unfortunately! She'll go w/ my brother instead! lol
Posted on: Sep 10, 2007
Amanda says:
HOW EXCITING!! Keep us posted!
Posted on: May 04, 2007