Solo performance final

Barnet Travel Blog

I had to let Josh spend some time in the city with Nikki and her friend, Megan, because I had my final for my solo performance class today. It took ALL day because all 30 or so people in my class each had ten minutes (not including transitions or moving between the two rooms we had set up) to do whatever they wanted. A lot of people did cool stuff... lots of people sang, people impersonated famous people, card tricks, did stand-up comedy... this one guy got a huge tack stuck in his foot in the middle of his songs and kept going anyway... this dude at the end played drums with a video of himself playing drums... it was a very long, but very fun day... mostly because you could tell that everyone was doing things they loved doing. Nikki let me borrow her long red dress, I wore some costume jewelry and heels, and I sang “Angel Eyes” and Aretha Franklin’s “Dr. Feelgood” with the jazz pianist I’d been rehearsing with that I found in the music department. I wish I had pictures of it. It was a lot of fun. Greg and Daniel came to watch me, which was cool. I set up the room like a jazz club with little tables and candles. It was cute, and I was fantastic. It was extremely fulfilling. Clara, in my class, came up to me afterwards and told me I should go out and do that to get paid. Maybe someday.

photo by: Maureenie