Josh arriving/rehearsal/Monsoon again

London Travel Blog

Josh came to visit from home today! Seeing him was cool, even though the timing was not awesome. I went to go pick him up from the station WHILE I was having a rehearsal with this AWESOME guy, Jordan, who I found to play the piano for me for my Solo Performance class final... I’m going to sing “Angel Eyes” and he and I are kind of working on a version of Aretha Franklin’s “Dr. Feelgood,” since there’s no sheet music available for it. Hopefully that will be good. I’m looking forward to it. Anyway, I picked Josh up from the station, went back and finished my rehearsal with Jordan, and then went back and cleaned ourselves up.

Then we went out to dinner at this Indian restaurant on Brick Lane called Monsoon. We’d been there before with a friend of Nikki’s who was studying in Sussex. We loved it last time, so we tried to find it again from Liverpool Station, but on the way there we got a LITTLE lost... I REALLY hate to admit to that, because I feel like I know London really well and can navigate without maps, but... yeah. What can I say.

Anyway, we finally found it, and we pretended that we weren’t sure where to go so that we could get the guys who stand out in front of the restaurant trying to lure people in to give us a deal. That was funny. The food of course, was way good. Greg and I had Tikka Masala, as usual. Greg brought his American friend, Ed, who was really nice. It was admittedly enjoyable to sit down with a bunch of Americans and vent about cultural acclimation and things going on back at home.

On the way back to Liverpool Street we ran into a Jack the Ripper tour, and we tried to listen in to pick up some free trivia.

Instead of going to Daniel’s we went to bed early because Josh was suuuuper tired from crazy traveling all day. Plus, we had to rest up before going to SPAIN!!!
photo by: ulysses