First Full Day, Washingon DC
Washington Travel Blog› entry 2 of 11 › view all entries
First, I'll drive you to see The Awakening - it's a favorite of mine and I think you'll like it!
Then we will go take a look at The National Mall which will include photo opportunities for:
- the Lincoln Memorial
- the Capitol Building
- the Washington Monument
- the White House
- the Einstein Memorial
- the Jefferson Memorial
- the FDR Memorial
- the George Mason Memorial
- the Reflecting Pool
- the World War II Memorial
- The Korean War Vets Memorial
- Vietnam Wall
Then, we can have some lunch - after lunch we can go to one or two of the Smithsonian Museums: the are as follows:
- National Museum of American History, this has the ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz, and lots of old cameras and photographs
- National Museum of Natural History, which is great! Dinosaurs and the Hope Diamond and things.
- The Sculpture Garden, which I think you might like for unusual photo options
- National Air and Space Museum (if you like old airplanes and flying machines, it's fun.)
The nice thing about all these is they are all free, so you can step in, look at one thing you want to see, and leave again if you want.
For the last stop of the day, we can go to the International Spy Museum which is actually quite cool I hear.
For dinner? You have to finally experience Fuddruckers - for all our talk about hamburgers in New York, these are the best!