Santorini

Santorini Travel Blog

It was our last day in Santorini. We decided to go to the volcano. You have the option of going to the port by cable car or riding a donkey. We decided on the cable car because it was so hot. You take a boat and ride out towards the volcano. We decided not to swim in the Hot Springs which is another excursion. It was an extremely hot day. There were rocks, rocks, and more rocks. After we went to the volcano, we ate lunch and wandered around Fira because it was our last day.

The driver from our hotel drove us to the port at night to catch our ferry. He asked us if we tried the wine in Santorini and couldn't believe that we didn't try it. So, he took us to a cafe right by the port and bought us a glass of white wine. It was great! The people in Santorini are so kind.
view of the old port
I'm so glad that Santorini was the last stop of my trip. We saved the best for last!

Then, we took Hellenic Seaways again to head back to Piraeus. It was a really small boat called the Flying Cat. It took 4 hours back to Piraeus and those were the longest 4 hours of my life. The water was extremely choppy. I felt really nauseous. I thought the boat was going to tip over at one point. But luckily, we arrived to Piraeus safely. Unfortunately, it was Sunday 1am when we arrived so the metro was closed. We had to take a taxi to the airport costing us 45 euros. The taxi fare costs double when it is in the early morning. So, our departure time was 12:35pm the next afternoon, but to minimize costs, we were planning on sleeping at the airport and surprisingly we had lots of company. We had to wait 9 hours at the airport before our departure back to Los Angeles. We were sad our trip was over, but ready to head back home.
view of Santorini on the boat