Naxos

Naxos Travel Blog

Agios Prokopios beach
We took Hellenic Seaways again and it took about 50 minutes to get to Naxos. Our hotel, Pension Sofi, picked us up from the port. We went to our hotel, dropped off our luggage, and headed towards the beach. We decided to rent an ATV. It was 15 euros. Riding an ATV is so much fun and a great way to see the island. We went to Agios Prokopios beach. It was great beach weather in Naxos. I thought it would be windy like Mykonos so it was a great surprise. The sun is very hot compared to Mykonos and the beaches are less crowded. Naxos is more of a familiy friendly island than Mykonos. There were a lot of children at the beach.

My friend and I were at the beach the whole day. The sunbeds were free because we ordered pizza and drinks from the restaurant right across.

After the beach, we went back to the hotel and changed, and headed towards a restaurant called Maro's by Central Square. It was listed in Lonely Planet and also on our hotel's map. My friend and I were disappointed by the food. She ordered the cod with garlic sauce and it was way too salty. To make up for it, we got gelato afterwards. I've noticed that there are a lot of gelato and crepe places in Greece.
Naxos town