Sightseeing in Cuenca

Cuenca Travel Blog

Nice city, quite European in style. Visited the Museum of Modern Art, ate Guinea Pig for lunch (not impressed to be honest), the museum in the Central Bank containing information about the different groups of indigenous Ecuadorians some shrunken heads and Inca ruins out the back.

Next day (my birthday, whoo!) we had a leisurely morning at a coffee shop with waffles, banana, strawberry and ice-cream for brunch, popped into the catherdral and wandered around the town with Stacey; I didn't manage to buy any birthday presents though. After lunch we met up with our group but our tour leader was delayed since a local alcoholic decided to try and steal his phone and jacket; shouldn't laugh but it was funny it was the local guy that got into trouble rather than us, the niave tourists! Once we were all together we headed off to the Panama Hat factory for a demonstration on how they're made (they're from Ecuador, not Panama, it's just the Ecuadorians gave a heap of them as a gifts to the workers on the canal) and yet another shopping opportunity for the shopaholics in the group (seriously, I just don't get it!).

We then flew back to Quito for a nice meal and a couple of Margaritas.

photo by: Ils1976