HERE GOES NOTHING!

Mollepata Travel Blog

I did an abbreviated 4D/3N Salkantay trek the usual one being 5D/4N.

As soon as my flight arrives in Cusco, Wilber picks me up at the airport and am whisked to the XTreme Tourbulencia offices as Avenida Plateros near Plaza Armas to get the guide Simon, our cook Richard and to get some last supplies/items for the trek.

Simon explains to me our route and asks me if I've ever been on a trek. I replied, "No, this would be my first formal trek."

We then go to a three-hour drive to Mollepata (3,400m/11,115ft) above sea leve) along dirt winding roads that would put Kennon and Naguilian Roads to shame where we met up with Roman and the horses that will carry our supplies.

It was a 'short' relatively easy 2.5 hour trek to our camp at the foot of Mount Tucarhuay also known as Soraypampa (3,700m/12,139ft asl) which offers spectacular views of the snow-covered mountains of Humantay and Salkantay.

My first time 'sleeping' (I use the term rather loosely as I really did not get much sleep) at below zero temperature - negative 5 degrees Celsius as Simon would tell me the following morning.

I slept with thermal undergarments, a shirt, two sweaters, a fleece jacket in a sleeping bag with fleece lining and I was still cold!

All night all I could think of was, "It's just two and a half hours back to Mollepata." :D
jegs76 says:
finally we can see ur pics!:)
mikevirgo0824 says:
There!
Is there an easier way to upload pics?
RJ82 says:
where are the pics?
20 minutes into the hik! hahaha
20 minutes into the hik! hahaha
Our camp which I affectionately ca…
Our camp which I affectionately c…
8,682 km (5,395 miles) traveled