AsiaIndiaAgonda

We love it here!!!

Agonda Travel Blog

praise the lord!!!!

This is where we would like to live in India!!!

Darjeeling is still my fave place but there wasn't a beach and to be honest it was bloody cold all the way up there, here however there's an almost deserted, beautiful beach, the weather is great and just like in Darj the people are really friendly. Admittedly once the place hits high season I'm sure it gets busy but at the mo it's simply perfect, once again we seem to have beaten the crowds here and can appreciate the area without having to fight the crowds !!!

We're staying in a lovely place called Fatima Guest house just near the beach, and have found some fantastic restaurants, no more of that euro stylised food for us, our time in Windy is almost up and its cuzza all the way from here on in!!! Last night we had an amazing chicken tikka masala, really fragrant with a little spice and followed that up thiis morning with Puri Bhaji - a veg curry with little popadom type things to dip in - cuzza for breakfast, jeolous now aren't you Andy and Chris ?? Oh and the booze keeps getting cheaper ( 120 rupes for voddie and 110 for rum) thats about the price of a pint in the dirty, you can't beat it can you????

Anyway we have had the best time here, so chilled and like I said everyone is so friendly, none of the usual pervs on the beach here!!! One of the guest house owners even let us help ourselves to his books, how nice is that? nnedless to say we filled our boots and are now the proud owners of ten new books HONK HONK PARP PARP BOOKWORMS POOP POOP!!!!

Off tomorrow to Anjuna , up the coast, to buy some fleas from the market there, can't wait, hopefully we'll see a snake charmer there and some more phants if they're allowed a day trip out of Thrissur.

....

P.S. no hippies here, only a few plastics and wannabees!!!!

P.P.S. did I say how much we liked it here?

chrisshawyer says:
As ever it sounds blooming lovely. whoop whoop parp parp Phant Phant Still can't wait for the movie fest....I'm Spartacus!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2008