This is our sort of place

Puri Travel Blog

Looks like he's got the right hump!!

Puri is a fantastic place, we've really found somewhere we can relax. The train journey was a sinch at 9 hours, and overnight so we slept the whole way and when we got to the station it immediately felt right. There was no rushing , pushing or shouting, just a gentle stroll to the exit where a couple of rickshaws asked if we needed any help, how very civilised!!

We walked down the road and were immediately  met with smiles and hellos from the locals, how different this place is to Calcutta. It's Puja ( a religious festival) and Puri is a top destination for locals for a quick break, no wonder as well, the beach is long and pretty clean we've spent the whole day today exploring on bikes we hired, it's been fantastic!!!!

What a great day , some exercise , some great food, a mauling by the huge waves and a nice lie in the sun, we'll drink to plenty more of this HONK HONK PARP PARP POOP POOP!!!!!

momratz says:
Hi, Mrs. and Mr. Breeze !!
I just found your blog and read your comment on Broadway Hotel - thanks a lot !I´m travelling India in February, go to Puri also. Would you some nice guesthouse there?
Wish you a lot of fun and a really happy honeymoon
(I married my travel-compagnon after 2,5 years of travelling Asia, 24 years ago now still going strong!)
Posted on: Jan 08, 2009
Looks like hes got the right hump…
Looks like he's got the right hum…
My sweetpea