barcelona!!! yay warm weather

Barcelona Travel Blog

I made it to barcelona!! it was one hell of a trip. so right now im in my hostel and am def liking it. i have been here now a day and am having a blast. i first thought i was doomed here. Spending the night in the airport sucked, no other words for it , just plain sucked. i tried to sleep but was worried i would like get robbed or something, since i was not able to check in til 515am, so i was in the main part of the airport and there were a lot of other people there also sleepin , doing the same thing i was. the reason i had to sleep in the airport was cause my flight was for 715am and due to it being a sunday, the tube was not open early, so i had no time to get to the airport. so i arrived at like 1130pm nite b4 flight  and stupid me had not eaten dinner, i just thought they would have something open at the airport.

1st night out in Barcelona!
nope, nothing. so not only was i uncomfortable on fake wood plastic benches but also starving. at like 5am finally i smelled somthing open, so i dashed to it, it was a burger king. eww i am not a big fan, but i was hungary and soo wanted a sausage croissant. i walk up to order and the menu is compltly different. there is this thing called loose sausage on a bunt. looked closest to a sausage biscut or something so i got it, plus the sausage looked normal in the pic. well i get it and it had red sauce on it, i think ketchup, and loose sausage means coiled up sausage, looks like a intestine. and it tasted so gross. i still thinking about it, want to just , uggg, so i ended up only eating the hashbrown minis. ok so finally after flyin into barcelona, the airport there is crazy! the good thing is that i got thru customs a lot easier then when i was in london, b/c they make non EU passport holders go somewhere else, so there was a huge line for them but only me and one other girl in our line.
night out on las ramblas
The airport is older looking and they have nothing like the ones here or in london. i try to find atms secluded but everywhere there were people. so i go to the train station there, and they don't speak engish and after waiting in line forever, they don't take credit cards, argg, so i go back to the airport and go to a atm and get some euros out. i then decide the train station was wayy too busy, so i take a bus to the metro station in the center of barcelona. i was soo tired, and hot by this point that i did not want to figure get lost or try to figure out to get to my hostel, so i hailed a taxi. was only 5 euros,  nice kool air conditioned, luved it. well not a lot of people speak english, including the taxi driver, so i did a lot of pointing and tried using the 2 years of that spanish in highschool.
yummm
well communication did happen cause we pulled right up to the hostel.

Now the hostel is like hidden, took me like 5 mins to figure out where the door is, its hidden in this kool large, garage metal style, but the door opens ike a reg door , competly hidden, i will take a pic to better expain. so the guy at the hostel was so nice and checked me in. i was so releivd to see how nice it is here. its clean!!!! and comfy. there is internet, well 1 pc, so have to wait for it sometimes but i don't mind cause its better then a internet cafe. the bathrooms, nice and roomy and modern and soo clean. bedroom is clean too.

so i decided to lay down for a bit, i was exhausted. well i slept for like a hour but got woken up and was starved, so i went out and started walking around.

sangria was awesome!!
barcelona def has that old spanish feel, but since its sunday a lot was closed. i found this cute lil sidewalk cafe. menu looked great. the guy who worked there was so sweet, he did not speak english and when he found out i was american, he was enthralled. he kept trying to talk to me the whole time, but i was tried and hungry and it was hard to speak to him. but he just sat there and stared at me the whole time and tried talking to me. now i don't know what was the name of what i ate but it was amazing. it was this beef slow cooked and then carved and put into a bread pocket with lettuce and sum yummy sauce. after leaving there i walked around some but was dog tired. i went back to the hostel and met these 2 girls from london in my room, lisa and lindsey, we stayed there for a couple hours talking and stuff and then decided to go out.
my fav plaza here!
we went out to las rambas, which is the most popular st here in barcelona with sidewalk shops, even at night, tons of people and nightlife and resturants. we ate in the plaza in this sidewalk resturant, very nice. food was great had paella and the sangria was awesome. then we went around las rambalas, more sangria and it was 1am. this st is so much fun its still kicking late into the night, guys always coming up to u, def a good idea to be in a group when going there at night.

well i have a lot more to share, but i don't want to hog the pc, ttyl im off to the beach here

Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Hmmmmm no comment about non US passport holders entering your homeland ;)
Posted on: Sep 10, 2008
my fav plaza here!
me and lindsey! blurry pic, guess …
me and lindsey! blurry pic, guess…
Barcelona