Amazing food!!

Bologna Travel Blog

I made it through the night ok. I did not eat breakfast as we had a long train ride to Bologna that day and I did not want to risk being sick on the train. We got to Bologna OK and found out hotel which was really nice!! I was so glad to have my own room and bathroom! The room was really funky and had cool wallpaper. I had a shower and discovered the shower had disco lights which was awesome! We chilled out in the hotel room for a while before heading out to find some food. I was not feeling too bad and we found a little trattoria that the Lonely Planet guide reccomended. It was pretty good, we both had pasta dishes. I probably ate more than I should have but I was really hungry and could not help it.

Bologna was a really cool place.

It did not feel touristy and had a really cool vibe (it is a university city). All of the buidings were different shades of red which was different. We checked out the main plaza and spotted some towers to check out down the road. I had to make an emergency trip to the chemist to pick up some drugs for my upset stomach which was embarrasing. The towers were really cool. One was leaning at a disturbing angle and the other one you could walk to, which we did. There were so many stairs, all wooden and crooked. At the top there was a fantstic view, red roofs and houses for miles. We took loads of photos.

After some more wondering around and my first italian gelati (lemon of course) he headed back to the hotel. On the way back we passed heaps of awesome shops! I was not really in a shopping mood however, shame. We got back to the hotel and had a nap. I was fairly exhaused. We ventured out again later that night (we took the bus this time). We found a restaurant with a good atmosphere (another lonely planet reccomendation). We were seated out in the alley with loads of other locals which we figured was a good sign. I had Octopus salad with orange and fennel which was absolutly amazing. There was a really great atmosphere in the city that night and we wandered around for a bit before heading home.

Bologna