I love Mexico!

Riviera Maya Travel Blog

I went to Riviera Maya, Mexico in June, and it was beautiful!  The only problem I had was my hair in that humidity. Ick.  The resort I stayed at was fantastic and a lot of people who stayed there didn't like the food, but I loved it.  They had a great variety of food, mostly American style at the buffets.  Although their pizza tasted way too familiar, something like Ellio's frozen pizza.  I stayed at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in case anyone was wondering.  They had big iguanas running around everywhere, they were so cool! I wanted to take one home with me.  I think I chased them more than anything else on my vacation.  I love, love, love animals!  I caught up to one just to pet it, soo cute.  I got to take a picture with a monkey, very cool.  I am happy I went there instead of Cancun, because I'm not into that whole party scene.  Plus I went with my boyfriend, so it was much more of a relaxing getaway.  My resort was attatched to the Xcaret, which is a beautiful archaeological park with tons of exotic animals, water activities, and Mexican culture.  Unfortunatley I didn't get to go because I didn't stay there long enough.  Five days just isn't enough to explore the beauty of Mexico!