Last Day in Hawaii.. last vacation for next 11 months...

Oahu Travel Blog

J.W. Marriott Ihilani restaurant
So Joyce has this interesting ability to rise at 6am while in Hawaii, whereas I know for a fact that she never gets up before 9am in New York... hahaa =) Sometimes certain places are just good for us. So we were up at around 5:30am and started doing laundry, Joyce helped me pack, and we walked over to lagoon #2 at the J.W. Marriot Ihilani hoping to partake in a posh breakfast as we'd spent a majority of our time at the hotel eating my onion dip, beef stroganoff, and lots of hummus on lovely asiago and sunflower seed flatbread. They are delicious, but somewhat lacking in freshness or fiber, both essential to our digestive systems =)

The restaurant at the Ihilani was really disappointing.
J.W. Marriott Ihilani restaurant
My lemon ricotta pancakes were very good, but could have been stronger/more pungent. The service was.. mediocre at best. Joyce's coffee cup was drained within the first 10 minutes of receiving it, but no refill was ever brought or offered after that.

It was so hard leaving my best friend in Hawaii by herself for the next 24 hours, I kept running back to make sure everything was ok. But sometimes circumstances are just beyond your control. Especially lately. My expectations were somewhat low in traveling here, and I've been more than pleasantly surprised by the peace and tranquility that I was afforded on this week of rest.

The flight back was really smooth, and only 4 and a half hours! I think there is over an hour difference in speed to and from Hawaii - how strange!

I'll have a couple more pictures up soon, but it's time for me to stop vacation mode (2 in 1 month!) and get into work/future goal mode.
No turtles =(
I hate admitting it, but this cruising along is getting me nowhere - time to buckle down and chase the hell out of some dreams. I think that receiving multiple pep talks from Kar Hai and remembering how happy and alive I felt in Africa really helps me stay focused on taking the necessary steps I need to take, even though I'm certain they'll send me into financial ruin =) Thank you, Hawaii, for being a beautiful bridge between the States and the rest of the world. It really is unlike any other place on the mainland, and the best of both worlds - friendly, reliable American service and a wild tropical feel.

Thank goodness for travbuddy - I can live vicariously through your vacations for the next 11 months! Pleasant Travels!
Oahu