The second day starting of in Valsolda, Italy

Valsolda Travel Blog

Even the mountain were magic

The second day we had planned to drive to Slovenia and later in to Croatia but due to the beauty of Italy we decided to stick around at lake Lugano a bit longer. I had been in this area a couple of times and I adored it, but it was the first time for my girlfriend and she was taken by the Italian laisse faire and romantic views.

We took it easy and had a great breakfast at the hotel. We walked a little in the small village and just enjoyed the mountains surrounding us. I must admit that we stood for a long time and enjoyed the view at our little balcony before we did anything.

We went down to our car with all the luggage we had brought up to the hotel, and I went back to pay the bill. It was the same staff as the evening before and they were still as jolly and smiling as the evening before, it is always nice to be greeted with a real and genuine smile.

Who could not enjoy this

We didn’t drive far; we just had to stop and enjoy the view of the lake this morning at Valsolda, which was on the Italian side just before we crossed the border back to Switzerland.

The difference between driving the road between Porlezza in Italy and Lugano in Switzerland in each country is like night and day. I must say that I prefer the Italian side with its narrow road and houses clustered next to it. Old fantastic houses some maintained some not. Yes, some the houses are old and covered with flowers and green plans and things are left as they were the day before, but you can also feel the presence of life everywhere.

On the Swizz side things are working that is true, the road is not narrow it is wide enough to serve to cars meeting each other, there are stripes on the road and the road can handle two large trucks.

Mountains in the morning
The houses are cleaned up, there is flowers but no charm; nice apartment buildings in concrete, it looks good but it is boring, I am sorry. I love the Italian way.

Before leaving this scenery and head for Balkan we decided to visit the outlet complex of Fox Town in the town of Mendrisio in Switzerland, so we drove back to there and enjoyed a couple of hours of shopping there.

After making sure that no stone had been untouched in Fox Town, we went in the direction of Milano and furthermore Venice. We decided to take it easy so we broke of the freeway and ended in Vicenza for the night. I had never been there before and I must say this is a nice city with an Italian laid back atmosphere.

Entering Vicenza we just picked a hotel on the GPS and chose it after seeing it. The hotel was nice and not overpriced

An empty lake
An empty lake
Bright day in the sun
Bright day in the sun
Traffic was none
Traffic was none
The lake was calm
The lake was calm
The city presented some spectacula…
The city presented some spectacul…
The Volvo parked so we could enjoy…
The Volvo parked so we could enjo…
Valsolda