Klek - a nice little lovely place

Klek Travel Blog

Coming to Klek

We took it easy from the morning; it was still holiday and no reason to hurry with anything. I went down to pay for the nights we had stayed there and was talking to the two women I had seen at the hotel.

One of them was the daughter, the other the fiancé of her brother. The 3 of them were running the little family hotel which only had opened the year before. They were all 3 very sweet and service minded and did everything to make it an enjoyable stay.

We were talking about my impression of Croatia this being the first time here; I said I found people very friendly in general and I just loved the food. I asked for some good beaches to visit and she also noted some names down for me. I paid and told them that I really had enjoyed my stay there.

We left the car at the parking and went for the beach for 3 hours before heading south again. Driving along the coast is filling the air with a lot of wows. There are so many wonderful view that it is just amazing. We drove around 130 km until we came to a little place along the coast called Klek

Klek seemed to be a nice place from the road above and we could spot something that looked like a beach rounding the bay on which the village was surrounding. At the entry to the city we met Mato who ran a little apart hotel together with his sweet wife. He asked if should show it to us and I said okay. He guided us in to the centre of this little village.

His aparthotel had 7 apartments and he had two left. We took the largest one which had two rooms, kitchen, AC and bathroom and a large balcony. Our luck was that we were out of season and therefore we got the apartment for 40 euro a night which I found was a bargain.

After we settled in we went for a walk in the village which turned out to be a nice little settlement. They had a very nice stone beach and the whole bay had a concrete pavement all the way round which turned out to be a nice walk. There were many really nice houses along the bay as well and the water was really clear and had this beautiful blue green colour.

In front the bay you have a view towards the Peljesac peninsula which is a slim mountainous finger of land which stretches for some 90km along the coast. Not far from the coast there is a very cute little island with a small small house on which people who rented water bikes went out to.

After the walk we ended up at the Plaza Hotel where we had a great and cheap dinner. Like all the places we had eaten at so far we had been totally spoiled.

Klek Hotels & Accommodations review
Villa Martina
Just south of the delta created by the Neretva River and just south of Ploce the Maistrala (coast road) rejoins the coastline at KleK. In Klek whic… read entire review
photo by: Chokk