A very nice town

Bratislava Travel Blog

Bratislava train station

I was up early and went straight to the train station and caught a train to Bratislava, which arrived just after midday.  I had a map of Bratislava that had about 6 youth hostels marked on it and I decided to try to get a bed for the night straight away.  It was a case of third time lucky and I checked into a place called hostel Blues, which was really nice.  I dumped my bag then set off into the town and had a look around all the main sights.  It was about 27°C so it was not too hot to be walking around.

The old town is not massive but there seemed to be a huge amount of things to see and I was walking around for most of the day stopping only briefly for something to eat.  I’ve been to a number of European cities now and other than Venice, Bratislava is my favourite.

In the evening I had dinner with 3 Australians who I met in the youth hostel then we went out to a club.  I found a really nice beer called Zlaty Bažant which was very slightly sweet and not very fizzy, meaning I could drink it like Coke.  I stayed out until about half past five in the morning.

After only three hours sleep I woke up tired and very hung over.  I checked out of the youth hostel then went to the train station to catch a bus to the airport where I had a couple of hours wait before I caught my flight back home.

National Museum
St. Michaels Gate
St. Michael's Gate
Martins Cathedral
Martin's Cathedral
Run down house with paintings in t…
Run down house with paintings in …
St. Martins Cathedral