Fort Lauderdale Travel Blog

Ft. Lauderdale by the harbor

I would listen to the baseball game on the radio, and not happy to hear the Mets were winning. I got to Ft. Lauderdale, and checked into the same hostel as 2 days ago. Since I would leave in the early morning hours, I would leave the key in the counter. I would be in the same room as before, and can see it was cleaned up a bit, as the dead bug was no longer there. After moving some of my things there, I went back out.

I headed for the International Swimming Hall of Fame. I still had a bit of Olympic fever left, as the 2008 Olympics just ended the week before. So I was really interested checking this place out. It is a museum that pays homage not only to swimming, but also diving and synchronized swimming, containing memorabilia and history of those sports in past Olympics, up until 2004. Included was the starting block of Mark Spitz, who was now the 2nd greatest Olympian, since he was surpassed by Michael Phelps for most gold medals in a single Olympics.

There was an actual swimming pool, but that closed as soon as I arrived. I went to the gift shop, and upstairs, had some nation's profile in swimming, and the Games they took part in. Also only display are timers used in Olympics that had sensors.

I left the place, and went back to the hostel to rest for a bit. And oh by the way, the Mets won the game.

Mark Spitzs starting block