Second Marlins Game

Miami Gardens Travel Blog

Marlins vs. Mets

I drove up to Dolphin Stadium, and stopped by a McDonald's to eat dinner. I figure that I eat first, so I won't get hungry during the game and end up paying for overpriced food. After dinner, I got to the stadium on time, just when the first pitch was thrown. I did have to get my ticket at the box office, as I was not sure beforehand if I would go.

Once again, I was surrounded by Mets fans, and some of them gave me the cold shoulder. Just not friendly at all, and I didn't even identify myself as a Phillies fan. I did take some time to walk around the stadium, and look at the names of great Miami Dolphins once again. And it was bit annoying when people would just stand, blocking people's view of the field. It got a guy in front of me, all worked up, that he would talk to one of the ushers about it, but to no avail. Along the way, one of the Marlins got hit by a pitch, didn't take kindly to that and had some words for the pitcher.

a brief shuffle (no brawl)
Next thing you know, both benches cleared. But not a brawl, since no fighting. Too bad!

The Marlins took on the Mets, and the Mets jumped out in front first, and took a 3-0 lead. The Marlins chipped away, and would tie the score going into the bottom of the 9th. The Fish would have the bases loaded, all on walks, 2 of them being intentional. Then the winning run scored on a... yes, you guessed it... a walk. That would force in a run, and the Marlins win, 4-3.

After the game, there were fireworks, set to the tune of Latin music, which was interesting. Then followed by a concert, featuring a Latin pop star, whose name I don't recall. Overall, it was nice, and I enjoyed it. Fireworks and baseball go well together.

I headed back to Miami Beach, and went straight to bed. I can see that the night has just begun in South Beach, but I'm just too tired to care.

Dolphin Stadium
Dolphin Stadium
starting lineups
starting lineups
another reminder its a football s…
another reminder it's a football …
concourse