3-day work weeks rock!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

I think I've seriously lost my motivation at work.. because I've been TOTALLY looking forward to my weekends away and thinking less and less about how they might impact my work. I don't mean to have a poor work ethic, its just that the opportunities have stopped and the workload has increased and that's a recipe for disaster.

It started with finding a ride to the airport or flyaway shuttle. What a weird experience - everyone was either leaving at 2:30 from work or else no one drives anymore - everyone was taking public transportation home! One of my bosses offered to drive me in his 911 - but at 2:30! So I took the offer, wishing it were a convertible instead, and sat at the airport for hours and hours.

Got into Seattle at close to 10pm and went to the hotel. This will be the weekend of slummy hotels. It's fine, I'm here for the city-hopping and hopefully being a moral and emotional bastion for Karin. She's too giving to be a tour manager - it's easy for narcissistic people to suck her dry - I definitely know the feeling.

She gets in at 2:30 in the morning. We need to be awake at 5:30 to drive the 2+ hours to the ferry in Anacortes. What a start to the trip..