Final Day of Mykonos

Mykonos Travel Blog

Today is final day of Mykonos, I have few hours till I have to fly back to Athens.

I get up this morning and have good breakfast. Then go and pack up my things and check out. However my flight isnt till this late afternoon. So I have to figure out what to do today, there is still vacation time left.

I take a taxi and go into town, the ride there was totally crazy, the driver was all over the road, yelling and screaming out the window and honking his horn. Typical way of greeks to drive on the island, quite the adventure, I loved it. I get into town and walk around for awhile.

It is a  nice place all the white washed buildings and very clean, I go up this hill to see the famous windmills over looking the water, quite nice.

I can see the port with all the ferrys and all the outfitters selling their tourist stuff. It is a great town very picturesque, you have to come and see.

It is a small town so it only took me a short while to walk the whole area. Then it is time to go back to the resort. I go to the taxi line and wait forever for a taxi, almost an hour. Seems to be no taxis on the island, funny. Finally a whole bunch of taxis arrive at one time and I push my way into one of them.

I get back to the resort and fare is decent.  Eventually I grab by bags and am driven back to the airport, I say good bye to this resort, forever.

It is a sad day. I sadly check into the airport for my flight to Athens.

I arrive into Athens and get my bags, as I was going to get a taxi to get to my hotel for the over night stay. I find out side the taxis are on strike. SO I am confused and out of luck of what to do. I just want to get to hotel and go to bed, tired. I end up taking some type of airport services from a driver in a Mercedes Benz, at this point I did not care how I get to the hotel.

Once I arrive to my hotel, I find out i was ripped off, they charge me for the ride about 90 euros!!!, oops, my mistake, but that what happens when you do things on an impulse. All well.

I check into my hotel and call it a night. That is my story

The next morning, get up and go to airport for my flight back to Canada and home. It was a long journey home, but overall a great adventure.

This was my last leg of the Scandi and Russia tour, as I did this at the end of that tour, it as good.

I hope you enjoyed my blog of this trip, it was lots of fun, feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks