Day 4 of Washington DC Adventure

Washington Travel Blog

Day 4 of Washington DC Adventure

Get up this morning and have a muffin and juice from Starbucks for the breakfast.

Off onto the yellow line of the metro to get to Mt Vernon, where George Washington’s house is.

I arrive at the train station and then I get onto City transit bus and travel another 30 minutes to Mt.Vernon in Virginia. The drive there is quite scenic , lot of trees and many nice looking houses, wonder what the costs are.

Arriving at Mt. Vernon there really is no big mountain here just a hill. I pay my 10 dolars to get my ticket into the grounds, as well the staff ask you where your from for statistics. The staff were surprised when I said I was from Canada, They did not know where Canada was. Anyhow I make my way around the grounds and finally to the actual house. It is very large and amazing looking. When I walking toward it , I had to cross a court yard and tripped over a lawn ornament, knocked it down. I walked away pretending not to notice it at all. I get in line for the tour of the house , as you pass through each room, the living area, dining area, bedrooms etc. There is a guide there who is repeating a specific script over and over many times.

Very informative I found to the area. From here I walk around the rest of the grounds to the horse stables where his carriages were. From here I walk down the hill past the river to the farming area. This is where the slaves were and did work, as well the slave house where they lived is here as well, quite interesting.

Checked out the house to where the slaves lived and worked in extreme hard conditions. Onward now to some pathways to some more horse stables. I make it back to the main entrance and go through the George Washington Museum. It shows his whole life from being young to become president to his time of his death. Even his teeth are on display and they were not wooden teeth. I was not allowed to take a photo of his teeth as they want you all to come and see it yourselves.

I am getting hungry now so I check out the small food court here and it was not too good to my expectations.

I check my watch and realize the city bus is about to arrive,  to get back to Metro station.

I get on the bus in right time and make it to catch train right away.  I get off at the Pentagon mall again and go for lunch in the food court. I decide I want something really bad for food today and I eat from Rotten Ronnys (macdonalds) for lunch, have big mac and fries. Goes down well but felt awful later on. But overall, it was an all American meal. From here I take metro back to hotel and rest up for later in the evening.

This evening, I  go into downtown area and find my way to Embassy Row. Where all the world nations have their embassies. I walk up the many streets and just look at the amazing structures, including the Canada one. It is a very impressive street the most amazing building was Embassy for Pakistan, as it was looking like an Mosque.

From here I make journey back to the National Mall. On route stop for food at a supermarket for cold cuts and cucumbers for din din.

Back to hotel and took it easy for rest of the evening.

Stay tuned for my final review of last day in the USA capital.

All my photos are displayed for your pleasure as well to describe the sights better.
world-traveller123 says: